Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_rmx beta (Read 82152 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_rmx beta

Reply #50
I'm still getting errors on closing Foobar FYI:

ok, what RM-X plugins did you install, and what configurations did you preform?  also, what OS specificlly?  (OS, and service packs plz).  RM-X is highly OS specific, as well as some of its plugins.  are you using RM-X Beta X3 (make sure it says X3 in the RM-X configuration screen). 

if you installed over a previous version of RM-X, make sure you select the same options or more options during install, because the plugin system is not 100% backwards compatible between builds right now.  this is why i switched from "Beta 9" to "Beta X" is because i am in the process of breaking and updaing the plugin interaction code in preps for the final release.  a good recomendation is to uninstall previous copies of RM-X, and then go thru and manually make sure all of the sub-folders RM-X creates have been fully removed.  the only thing RM-X does outside of the folder itt is installed to is add an uninstall entry to the system registry, so, if you manually remove the RM-X files and install a new copy, it will work just fine.

Your right.

Windows XP SP1

I uninstalled the old RM-X version.  Installed the new one with ALL options.  I deleted from the folders too.  I may just try and reinstall foobar.  Mine is starting to get a bit bloated anyway.

foo_rmx beta

Reply #51
[...]there is support for winamp's gen plugins in RM-X.[...] it supports play, pause, stop, prev, and next, and that is IT for the comment.  i plan on eventually implementing most of the winamp v2.x spec API[...]

Hi darkain -

cool, I like it. I think you should mention this Winamp ability somewhere, though, because it really confused me the first time I noticed it.
If it's a feature of the RM-X plugin that's supposed to stay, could you please add the support for the Winamp API's command that determines playback status (i.e. playing, paused, stopped) - I'd like this line in my Fortran program to work.
Code: [Select]
isplaying=SendMessage(hwnd_winamp,WM_USER,0,IPC_ISPLAYING)

It's part of Winamp API, you can read its definition there if you need any more details.

Thanks very much! Keep up the good work 

ya, i had planned on implementing as much of the winamp ipc system as possible, im just not too sure when im going to get around to finishing it all up, as im focusing more on rmx releated things rather than compatibility with other formats right now.  ill keep you informed tho.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #52
Your right.

Windows XP SP1

I uninstalled the old RM-X version.  Installed the new one with ALL options.  I deleted from the folders too.  I may just try and reinstall foobar.  Mine is starting to get a bit bloated anyway.

so, i asume its working now?  i need to add something to the installer to check for previous builds and uninstall them automatically before installing new ones... or at least figuring out what plugins where installed, so they can be updated.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #53
ok, i just uploaded Beta X4.  besides bug fixes, i also did a major change to the GenLoader.  its there now, still not finished, but its there at least.

before you think "oh yay!  winamp gen plugins!"... no, they are probably not implemented like you may think.  yes, it would work with external apps that use SendMessage, and yes, it wil load gen_blah.dll files in the RM-X plugin's folder.  BUT, they dont behave as normal winamp gen plugins.  consider this Screen Shot.  instead of each of the commands being directly mapped to foobar functions, they use the RM-X function/event mapping system.  why do it this way?  well, because this way, you can use a gen plugin for virtually *anything* now, instead of limiting them to multimedia functionality. 

i'll continue to work on this and eventually implement the WM_USER commands that winamp supports.

feedback on this is very much welcome, as its still a relatively new idea to implement an existing plugin system in this mannor.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #54
@darkain -
The most recent version that you've posted totally does not work in Windows ME. It crashes foobar randomly, and when I open the configuration screen and click on GenLoader or anything else on the left, it crashes the foobar either immediately or a few moments later. Once foobar has closed in this abnormal way, the whole OS dies too after a short delay. Sometimes I get subsequent messages that Explorer.exe or some other windows component is also causing illegal operations. So on the whole I think this new version of RM-X is incompatible with Windows ME (or extremely extremely buggy).
I've reverted to version v1.0BetaX, which works fine.

foo_rmx beta

Reply #55
@darkain -
The most recent version that you've posted totally does not work in Windows ME. It crashes foobar randomly, and when I open the configuration screen and click on GenLoader or anything else on the left, it crashes the foobar either immediately or a few moments later. Once foobar has closed in this abnormal way, the whole OS dies too after a short delay. Sometimes I get subsequent messages that Explorer.exe or some other windows component is also causing illegal operations. So on the whole I think this new version of RM-X is incompatible with Windows ME (or extremely extremely buggy).
I've reverted to version v1.0BetaX, which works fine.

alright.  try X5.  let me know if that works for you. i added a few more OS compat checks here and there in the app.  no new features in this build, but it should work in WinME now, as i got it to work in my Win98SE box.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #56
alright.  try X5.  let me know if that works for you.

Hi Darkain. Thanks for your efforts. No, X5 doesn't work for me on Windows ME. I can open the configuration windows of RM-X and change things and save. Also, the buttons that I had assigned with RM-X version Beta X1 still seemed to work, but any new buttons I assigned caused foobar to crash (and the whole ME system afterwards). There isn't any more information I can give about the crash, sorry.
I'll try out the next version when it comes, to see if it's any better :-) but for now I'm sticking to beta X1.
BTW I noticed one change in the bits of X5 that were working... The "Next" function ignored the playback order and just played the following track from the playlist.I can see in the dropdown that you have the option to pick "Random", which is useful, but I'd really love to have also the function that does "Next" the way it happens when a song ends normally.

foo_rmx beta

Reply #57
Hi Darkain. Thanks for your efforts. No, X5 doesn't work for me on Windows ME.

ya... i found out why finally.  i changed the ordering of some construction and deletion code, and i guess win9x is all gay about what is deleted first, the window, or a FONT HANDLE!!!  yus, you heard me right.  because of the way class inharitance was changed for my windowing code in one of these builds, font handles where being destroyed before the window, and apparently this makes win9x blue-screen in an unrecoverable fashon.  really, i just think this is funny.

well, anywho, i made a small change to the font handling code, and it works just fine on my win98se box now, so, i'll just asume it works on winme. 

the build isnt available yet tho, as i did the fix intermitintly while working on a large code structure change elsewhere in the project that i am currently still working on.  i may get a build out friday or saturday or so.

just as a fair warning to all tho, im changing several things in the way configuration works.  this change has been planned for quite some time, and i felt that this was a good point in the project to make the change over to the system i had in mind.  before installing the next build, whenever that may be, make sure you empty your RMX Settings folder, as it wont be valid anymore, and will cause error messages.

and now for the magic of the latest screen shot.  basically, im re-factoring everything with the config system to allow for each selected function to have multiple paramaters for them. 

another screen shot i would like to show off demonstrates yet another new feature of RM-X.  This would be the console window, wich RM-X plugins will display status messages in, as well as a place for scripts to print out their information to.  oh wait, i just mentioned the SECOND major new thing im working on at the moment... the scripting system.  rather than building my own scripting language from scratch, i decided to use The Lua Scripting Language, as it appears to be fully packed with features and custmizations, and very easy integration.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #58
ok, lets see here.. a combination of changes to the font code *and* icon code somehow made win9x cry like a baby. 

well, anywho, i just uploaded Beta Y0.  i switched from X to Y to denote its a major change, and break backwards compat.  there should only be one more major backwards compat change in RM-X before final (hence the room for the leter "Z"). 

ok, enough babbling... time for a run-down of features!!

1) a new console window.  this is to help get information about what RM-X may or may not be doing, along with all of its plugins and..

2) scripts.  yup, thats right, ive been implementing that good ol scripting engine, and it works like a charm.  i added a new selectable function "Script Command" wich allows you to assign a script function to an event.

when RM-X first loads, it attempts to load "RMX Scripts\main.lua".. if this file doesnt exist, then its just ignored.  if the file does exist, it is compiled into byte code (if not already done so), and begins execution.  so, as an example, create the file and dump in there:
print("test script")

function test()
 print("our test function was called")
end

when the script is first loaded, it will instantly print out "test script" into the console window. 

next, lets say we go to our gaming device plugin, and assign a script function to one of the buttons.  we could assign the button to script function "test()" (without the quotes), and then every time that button was pressed, the test() function would be executed, and in this example, it would print out "our test function was called" to the console. 

right now, this isnt too particularly useful, but as i add more built in script functions, itll become a key tool for system automation.

oh, and if you want to seperate out your script functions into multiple files, that can be easily done by simply:
include("something.lua")
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #59
 the Beta Y0 version works in WindowsME without any problems! Can you please explain what to write in the script files? Thanks! Is it possible to assign any command or sequence of commands now?

foo_rmx beta

Reply #60
the Beta Y0 version works in WindowsME without any problems! Can you please explain what to write in the script files? Thanks! Is it possible to assign any command or sequence of commands now?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224266"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it IS possible, but a bit complex to setup.  i plan on making this process a bit simpler in the future, but for the time being, you make manually call raw RMX commands. 

the first thing to note is that this HAS to be done w/ a script file, it cannot all be done just by putting the commands into the "Script Command" param.

also, i recomend having the test plugin installed, as this is probably the easiest way to test things out.

go into the RMX config screen, and go to the test plugin -> Data Types page.  the first thing in this page is vSetting.  hit the change button, and change it to final command you want to preform (NOT "Script Command").  click apply, and then go back to the main config window, and click on "Save Settings"

now, we go into the "<foobar>\Components\RMX Settings\" folder and open up "Test Plugin.xml" and search for a line that looks like this (it will be near the very end of the file):
      <Button Name="vSetting" Function="Ap=0;Pl=2057756604;Fu=88166014;" />

we want to copy the contents of the above function string into our script file that we will now create.  so, go into your "<foobar>\Components\RMX Scripts\" folder and create a file named "main.lua" and inside of it, lets start out with a basic function:
function test1()
end

now, we take our function string from above, and shove it into our script function as follows:
function test1()
 rmx("Ap=0;Pl=2057756604;Fu=88166014;")
end

you can have multiple rmx commands in a row there in any order that you want.  now, we need to call this new found function.  so, for this example, we are just going to use a basic gamepad.  go under "Button 1" and change its setting to "Script Command" and in the text box bellow the list, type in "test1()"

now, when you press the button on your remote, it will use the script function.  the scripts can be used for more then just multiple function calls, as it can also be used to output text to the console window, such as by calling:
print("text for the console window to display")

if you need further help with this at all, let me know.  like i said, i plan on making this process simpler in the future, in a way that wouldnt require using raw rmx function strings.  also, i cant simply give out the list of IDs for all of the functions as they are generated randomly on first usage.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #61
ok, i got a new buil uploaded now, and it includes serveral bug fixes, as well as improvements to the tray icon controller.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #62
aite.  i got a new build uploaded this morning.  lots of bug fixes, mem leak fixes, speed optimizations and memory allocation optimizations.  everything should be yummie now! 

feedback is always welcome.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #63
just threw up a new build on the site.  much faster and better than before... plus i spent alot more time on working with OS compatabilities, so it should be alot more stable now for most users.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #64
Hi darkain! Your new version is great! I'm using version beta 1.0 Y2 now - is that the most current one?
You've fixed the following things that I wanted: 'Next' now obeys the playback order. 'Random' always does random. :-) very happy!
One thing that doesn't work at all on my system is the function 'Playback order' in the RM-X setup. I can assign it to something, but when I execute it then the only functions that still work afterwards are Stop and Random - it even stops the foobar assigned keyboard shortcuts from working. Everything works fine again when I click on the playlist or change playback order manually. So for me that function in RM-X 'Playback order' is useless and actually breaks other things when I call it - so I've unassigned it. What exactly is it meant to do anyway?
I'm happy with the plugin now... :-) Of course you could always add more functions, but maybe that's already part of the scripting interface. Is there a way to script for any functions of foobar?

Best wishes - :-)

foo_rmx beta

Reply #65
Download link is dead..

foo_rmx beta

Reply #66
Hi darkain! Your new version is great! I'm using version beta 1.0 Y2 now - is that the most current one?
You've fixed the following things that I wanted: 'Next' now obeys the playback order. 'Random' always does random. :-) very happy!
One thing that doesn't work at all on my system is the function 'Playback order' in the RM-X setup. I can assign it to something, but when I execute it then the only functions that still work afterwards are Stop and Random - it even stops the foobar assigned keyboard shortcuts from working. Everything works fine again when I click on the playlist or change playback order manually. So for me that function in RM-X 'Playback order' is useless and actually breaks other things when I call it - so I've unassigned it. What exactly is it meant to do anyway?
I'm happy with the plugin now... :-) Of course you could always add more functions, but maybe that's already part of the scripting interface. Is there a way to script for any functions of foobar?

Best wishes - :-)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236933"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmmm, i havnt experienced any probs w/ playback order.  ill start to look into it.

Download link is dead..
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238400"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ya, the server goes down from time to time.  you can go ahead and try it again.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #68
Can you add support for IRMAN remote?

http://www.evation.com/irman/

Thanks!

John
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240489"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

does it have an SDK?  i see various plugins on their site, but no SDK..
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #69
i just uploaded a new build: RM-X Media Edition v 1.0 Beta Z1.  should be much faster and alot more stable at this point.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #70
i just uploaded a new build: RM-X Media Edition v 1.0 Beta Z1.  should be much faster and alot more stable at this point.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250467"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Will there by chance be an easier way to script some functions to buttons?  If I recall it's not very easy.

foo_rmx beta

Reply #71
Will there by chance be an easier way to script some functions to buttons?  If I recall it's not very easy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250471"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sure it will!  just not yet.  i plan on doing an overhaul to the scripting support once a few more things are where i want them to be.  it simply isnt a priority as of yet, that and the RM-X API isnt quite where i want it to be yet.  the scripting support technically counts as en embedded plugin within RM-X, and one thing i am working on is inter-plugin communications.  once i get plugins talking to each other in the mannor i want, it should be a quick simple job to add it to the scripting sub-system.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #72

it is of no suprise that i am much more familiar with winamp and the winamp API, compared to the other media players i've ported RM-X to, such as foobar2000.  in this latest build specifically, i have thrown in a decent amount of player specific features into the winamp build.  and now, i want to do that for foobar2000 as well.

so, i come to you, the community.  you know this application and this api better than i.  what would YOU like to see come of it, in terms of RM-X functionality?  ideas are welcome, code sniplets are apreciated.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-

foo_rmx beta

Reply #73
what would YOU like to see come of it, in terms of RM-X functionality?  ideas are welcome, code sniplets are apreciated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250743"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it would be great to be able to assign other playback functions as easily as "Play" and "Stop."  Things like play mode (random, shuffle).  Or to even be able to open and close foobar.  Same goes for seeking into a song.  I think this can be done through scripting now, but I'd think it would be just as easy to have these things on a list next to the buttons. 

foo_rmx beta

Reply #74
what would YOU like to see come of it, in terms of RM-X functionality?  ideas are welcome, code sniplets are apreciated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250743"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it would be great to be able to assign other playback functions as easily as "Play" and "Stop."  Things like play mode (random, shuffle).  Or to even be able to open and close foobar.  Same goes for seeking into a song.  I think this can be done through scripting now, but I'd think it would be just as easy to have these things on a list next to the buttons. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250813"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well, obviously, it cant OPEN foobar, since the plugin wouldnt be running.  (this can be fixed with a yet to be released "Stand-Alone" copy that support application launching), and as for closing, i thought i had that in there, but i guess i dont.  that'll be a quick 5 min add-in.  playback order is already in there under "Playback -> Order"    as for scripting, i really wish i hadnt mentioned this... it doesnt do ANYTHING extra yet.  there is no special script functions AT ALL.  i mearly imported the lua scripting engine to be used LATER.

as for seeking... is this easily accessable from the API?  such as a simple fast forward and rewind..  and does foobar support speed adjustments?  like increasing and decreasing playback speeds?  i would really like to see that with something else im working on lately.
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-