Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to ABX between 2 software on mac os x (Read 2385 times) previous topic - next topic

How to ABX between 2 software on mac os x

besides the fact, that the sense was not the center of the topic... i now have to ask... when i state,,, that audion software does not sound the same like itunes on mac os x .... and i am closed with [TOS # 8]...then i need to be told how to do that.

is there a SOFTWARE-ABX'er between iTunes and others on mac out anywhere... that i missed to meet ?

TOS#8 - moved thread:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=36973

and again... its the missing of ogg in itunes.

and if u need other reasons:

itunes has ipod transfer-plugins
audion hasn't
cogosx hasn't

itunes has last.fm plugin
audion hasn't
cogosx hasn't

so its not only the NOT ABX'able sound experience.

Reply #1
besides the fact, that the sense was not the center of the topic... i now have to ask... when i state,,, that audion software does not sound the same like itunes on mac os x .... and i am closed with [TOS # 8]...then i need to be told how to do that.

is there a SOFTWARE-ABX'er between iTunes and others on mac out anywhere... that i missed to meet ?

TOS#8 - moved thread:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=36973

and again... its the missing of ogg in itunes.

and if u need other reasons:

itunes has ipod transfer-plugins
audion hasn't
cogosx hasn't

itunes has last.fm plugin
audion hasn't
cogosx hasn't

so its not only the NOT ABX'able sound experience.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326030"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Before you go trying to ABX two software players you need to make sure that they have the same settings.  Typically the difference in sound is because there is a signal processor (EQ or other setting) enabled on one that is not enabled on the other.

Reply #2
Before you go trying to ABX two software players you need to make sure that they have the same settings.  Typically the difference in sound is because there is a signal processor (EQ or other setting) enabled on one that is not enabled on the other.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326034"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ehm. what are we talking from... ABX with taking a look on the monitor while choosing a track by hand ? i can tell additionally... that EVERY SONG is CLEARLY dividable if it is played via itunes, or via audion, audition or any other 3rd party player.

looks for me as it is the signal processing of itunes to surround setups.

and yes... i can tell 10 out of 10 tracks wether they are played on itunes or not.

no matter if it is mp3, wma, aac or any other format. the rear speaker are louder, crispier and have more of high frequencies...

but i dont know... why a post MUST instantly go to the recycle bin without discussion bout that. ... ABX test is for me... that you dont decide yourself ...but you are given a piece... and decide whether its good or poor... and after that theres a result showing which of both "options" is clearly what.

i really dont know... how the one that moved the thread to the recycle bin is thinking how to do that.