Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A competitor for my old Plextor PX-40tsi ? (Read 2674 times) previous topic - next topic

A competitor for my old Plextor PX-40tsi ?

Hi.

I will update my pc and will go on without my scsi components. the only scsi drive i need very often is my plextor px-40tsi. i own a toshiba 1712 dvd and a nec nd 1100a burner too. the only challenge for the drive is to ripping audio cds. it should read all kind of protected audio cds.

My plextor has done a good job for many years. if i can't find a competitor i must use it in my new system too. my other drives aren't as good as my plex. so i want to buy a new one.

can you recommend me a new drive?

i want to buy a new dvd burner too, and it seems the device of choice is plextor 708 or 712. maybe a don't need to buy a seperate drive for ripping. did the plextor dvd burners perform well?

thanks, and sorry for my horrible english.

many greets from germany

Reply #1
Uhh, can anyone move my thread to CD Hard & Software? 

Reply #2
Is my english bad and hard to understand or does all of you use a plextor px-40 and don't know a alternative drive? 

Reply #4
Lite-On

Plextor (with plextools)

I've always had good luck with Hitatchi dvd drives too.,
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'