Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_logitech_lcd (Read 167719 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #250
This is not really the same area but is there any way to make the G510 lights act as a visualizer, like the keys lighting up more or less depending on the music?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #251
Quote from: ZaInT link=msg=0 date=
any way to make the G510 lights act as a visualizer

Short answer: Yes & No

Long answer:
  • Yes - it is possible to make most (maybe all) the lights on various Logitech products light up from software.
  • No - it is only possible by reverse engineering the drivers as Logitech do not provide such functionality in the SDK. People have done it and there is software out there that does it (for some Logitech products at least), but technically it is against the license agreement provided with the hardware/drivers making it an area of questionable legality - additionally using undocumented "features" of hardware through a reverse engineered driver could easily cause hardware failures. I have requested Logitech support this via the SDK but they seem unwilling to do so.

For the record I do not know if it is possible on the G510 per-say, but I expect it would be if it is anything like the other Logitech products.

Given the problems with legality and potential hardware issues I am not going to provide such functionality in the component at present - I'm keeping an eye on the situation though, if things change then I'd happily add it!

HTH

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #252
works great on my Z-10 with Logitech LCD manager 3.06! thanks!

some suggestions should you (or someone else) ever continue to work on this plugin:
  • Change font type/size per line (I have lots of unicode (chinese/japanese) in my library so I need to increase the font size to display them properly, but at that text size I can't fit 3 lines of text. However a lot of times my second and what-would-be-third line would just be ascii (date, rating, genre, etc.) and would fit if they had smaller text sizes.
    • e.g. line 1: artist - title (large unicode); line 2: rating, genre (small ascii); line 3: comments (small ascii)
  • Alternatively, separate fonts for unicode and non-unicode text
  • Adjustable margin between lines (instead of just overlap on/off, allow +- n px)
  • Full customization of what the media buttons (1-4 on my Z-10) do, I would like 1-3 to change to various text modes and 4 to activate visualization)
    • i would REALLY love it if i could use those media buttons to adjust the ratings of my songs (e.g. '4' to activate rating mode, '1' to -1, '2' to +1, '3' to cancel and '4' to save)
  • custom font for progress bar (or no font at all)
  • scroll more than 1px at once (the Z10 LCD has a horrible refresh rate, it would be a lot easier on the eyes if it just scrolled say 5 px at once)
    • different scroll mode (I prefer pan left/right over marquee)
  • adjustable refresh rate for visualizations (poor refresh rate on Z-10)

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #253
Quote from: tai link=msg=0 date=
works great on my Z-10 with Logitech LCD manager 3.06! thanks!
Glad you like it

some suggestions should you (or someone else) ever continue to work on this plugin:
yeah it's been a while since I last updated it - busy times. Sigh. I do plan to continue it...honest!

Ok, so most of those requests sound reasonable and possible, so I've added them to the ever growing list of things to do - some of them should be in the next version (whenever that is ).

A few comments:

Change font type/size per line
I was thinking about the ability to change font anywhere in the text (via a special "font" function) which would help with this, but it'd be a bit more difficult to use than the current method of selecting fonts.

i would REALLY love it if i could use those media buttons to adjust the ratings of my song
Hmmm - interesting idea. Might not be possible, but it makes me wonder about the possibility of allowing users to "bind" keys to any foobar function...

custom font for progress bar (or no font at all)
Custom font would be fine - but I'm not sure what you mean by not font at all??

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #254
hello
still no update of the plugin for G19? 
regards

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #255
any way to make the G510 lights act as a visualizer

Short answer: Yes & No

Long answer:
  • Yes - it is possible to make most (maybe all) the lights on various Logitech products light up from software.
  • No - it is only possible by reverse engineering the drivers as Logitech do not provide such functionality in the SDK. People have done it and there is software out there that does it (for some Logitech products at least), but technically it is against the license agreement provided with the hardware/drivers making it an area of questionable legality - additionally using undocumented "features" of hardware through a reverse engineered driver could easily cause hardware failures. I have requested Logitech support this via the SDK but they seem unwilling to do so.

For the record I do not know if it is possible on the G510 per-say, but I expect it would be if it is anything like the other Logitech products.

Given the problems with legality and potential hardware issues I am not going to provide such functionality in the component at present - I'm keeping an eye on the situation though, if things change then I'd happily add it!

HTH

Thank you! I take it that there is no documented way to change the backlight, and to do it in any way you have to reverse engineer Logitechs own software? I see the problem.
In LUA it is easy to change the backlight, but that runs under Logitechs own proprietary software. I was hoping to somehow use a LUA script that accepted inputs from another software/dll called from the media player of chose but maybe that isn't so easy.
I found another thread about doing this with the G15, but that didn't work for me as it seemed to require exact versions of drivers, WinAMP and some other stuff. Maybe I'll try it on another computer.
Here's for hoping Logitech furthers their SDK, anyway...

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #256
I take it that there is no documented way to change the backlight, and to do it in any way you have to reverse engineer Logitechs own software? I see the problem.

Yeah - that's exactly the problem.

In LUA it is easy to change the backlight, but that runs under Logitechs own proprietary software. I was hoping to somehow use a LUA script that accepted inputs from another software/dll called from the media player of chose but maybe that isn't so easy.

It's odd that you can do it in LUA - they seem to have more functionality available via LUA than the SDK. I wonder if it would be possible to use LUA from the component...hmmm will have a look. (Just thinking out loud.)

I found another thread about doing this with the G15, but that didn't work for me as it seemed to require exact versions of drivers, WinAMP and some other stuff. Maybe I'll try it on another computer.

I've seen the Winamp plugin that changes the backlight (which they did via reverse engineering) - that it requires an exact version of the driver is another problem of reverse engineering.

Here's for hoping Logitech furthers their SDK, anyway...

It would be good. If you (or others) are really keen on getting this done then it can't hurt to contact Logitech and let them know - there are forums and email addresses available (see the docs in the drivers for information).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #257
Change font type/size per line
I was thinking about the ability to change font anywhere in the text (via a special "font" function) which would help with this, but it'd be a bit more difficult to use than the current method of selecting fonts.

expert mode toggle

Quote from:  link=msg=789648 date=0
custom font for progress bar (or no font at all)
Custom font would be fine - but I'm not sure what you mean by not font at all??

that was before i discovered the 'off' option for left time/right time, which was what i meant by no font.

Another thing I noticed is that %playback_time_seconds% and similar tags don't work. I was trying this was because I wanted to toggle a row every few seconds between Artist and Album. (again, because of poor scrolling/refresh on the Z-10's LCD) The reason i wanted %playback_time_seconds% was because I could truncate it to last second, then $ifgreater it which would let me alternate tags every 5 seconds, lol.

As you already have playback time with the progress bar, is there any alternate syntax to get the playback time info?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #258
expert mode toggle
lol - true

that was before i discovered the 'off' option for left time/right time, which was what i meant by no font.
Ahhhh - ok - that makes sense then.

Another thing I noticed is that %playback_time_seconds% and similar tags don't work. I was trying this was because I wanted to toggle a row every few seconds between Artist and Album. (again, because of poor scrolling/refresh on the Z-10's LCD) The reason i wanted %playback_time_seconds% was because I could truncate it to last second, then $ifgreater it which would let me alternate tags every 5 seconds, lol.
Tag processing is done by foobar (the component sends the user text to foobar and foobar does the replacement), unfortunately %playback_time_seconds% and similar tags only work in certain areas in foobar - otherwise foobar treats them as unknown tags.

That's why this doesn't work.

I'm really not sure why this is, but I expect there is a good reason.

As you already have playback time with the progress bar, is there any alternate syntax to get the playback time info?
Not currently - the progress bar times are done manually (i.e. the component just reads the track playback data, no tags involved). If I do add "font" then I could probably add something else for this too, however the difficulty with adding "font" (or other custom tags) is making sure it works without interfering with foobars own processing. There might be a foobar SDK method for doing this, but I've not seen anything so far.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #259
Had to register so that I could thank you for making this awesome plugin for the G19 and G13. I no longer regret spending ~$150 on a keyboard now.

I do have one question/suggestion tho;
is it possible to add a clock + date to the track info page? preferably along the top but in place of one of the 4 lines would work too since I only use 2 of them.

I got my G19 and though how awesome it would be to show the time, date, and music info on the built in screen but no body had made an all-in-one addon. the one like LCDhost crash and freeze too often to even bother with or they didn't work with my music player. well I switched to foobar recently after replacing my ipod with an android and decided to give this addon a try and I can't believe what i've been missing. right not I have this addon running on my g19 and a addon called gclock running on my g13 but would like the time and date to be on the g19 with the music info so I can run a jdownloader and email addon on the g13.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #260
Quote from: ace90099 link=msg=0 date=
Had to register so that I could thank you for making this awesome plugin for the G19 and G13. I no longer regret spending ~$150 on a keyboard now.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

I do have one question/suggestion tho;
is it possible to add a clock + date to the track info page?

I think so - should be relatively easy I think (and would fit in with other changes that are pending).

BTW in case you missed it, the progress bar can display date & time instead of track time - just select to appropriate item in the drop down menus. (I'll still add it to the track info pages though.)

Just for the record, once again I'm hoping to get more active in developing this again sometime soon (just move house - so hoping that soon everything will be a little quieter than it has been).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #261
BTW in case you missed it, the progress bar can display date & time instead of track time - just select to appropriate item in the drop down menus. (I'll still add it to the track info pages though.)

I did miss it, and that actually works perfect since I don't need the track time. It displays 24 hour time tho, I'm use to it but like 12 hour time better.
Actually would it be possible to make the progress bar and time work like the %codes% where you could have them wherever you want them or turn them completely off.

Thanks

P.S. do you accept donations?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #262
I did miss it, and that actually works perfect since I don't need the track time. It displays 24 hour time tho, I'm use to it but like 12 hour time better.
Actually would it be possible to make the progress bar and time work like the %codes% where you could have them wherever you want them or turn them completely off.

Having the time and date like %codes% is definitely possible - and exactly what I was going to do!
Adding support for 12hr time is also easily done (will be added to existing functionality AND any %codes%) - I'm surprised I didn't add that option in initially.

P.S. do you accept donations?

You are not the first to ask - so see end of (newly edited) first post

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #263
Hi,

I have a Z-10 speaker, installed this component to foobar, showing correctly in the Preferences->Display tab, I can set everything, no error, but nothing showed on the speaker display.
The visualisation in the "Visualisation Options" set to "Track info 1", Enabled and "Start with this" checked.
The media display program is enabled in the LCD manager software, but doesn't showed foobar in the configure menu where list Media players.

foobar version: 1.1.15
LCD Manager version: 1.0.4 153

Is there any idea why doesn't wok?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #264
Quote from: birno link=msg=0 date=
Hi,

Hi!

I have a Z-10 speaker...but nothing showed on the speaker display.
foobar version: 1.1.15
LCD Manager version: 1.0.4 153

Is there any idea why doesn't wok?

I *think* that your version of the LCD Manager is too old to work with the component (despite being the newest version available from Logitech)

However, that does not mean you will not ever be able to use the component, but more on that in a moment.

To see what is actually happening it would be useful if you could check the the foobar console (View -> Console) and look for lines starting foo_logitech_lcd.dll. It should let you know more about what the actual error is.

If the error is that the LCD Manager version is too old, all you need to do is install the software from one of the more recently updated peripherals - like the G15 Keyboard (which is what I use). Although it seems like an odd fix, it's just because the LCD manager software has been abandoned in favour of a new unified software package that works with more peripherals, unfortunately although it should work with the Z-10s for whatever reason it is not listed on the download page. Note that this "fix" was suggested to me by the Logitech driver writers themselves, but you should be aware that there is a very, very slight chance that doing this could cause irreparable harm to your Z-10 speakers (you are after all installing unsupported drivers for a hardware product) - it is not at all likely, and other people have done it with no problem, but nevertheless it is something you should know about.

The media display program is enabled in the LCD manager software, but doesn't showed foobar in the configure menu where list Media players.

If I understand you correctly then the component would never be displayed in that section - the component has it's own entry in the list of LCD apps, entirely seperate from the media display app. Of course I could be totally misunderstanding what you are saying 

Hopefully that makes sense - let me know how you get on - and thanks for trying the component!

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #265
Hi again,

Thanks for the quick answear.
I checked the console and found these errors:

foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 723): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 657): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::on_init, 115): Failed to connect to LCD API. Plugin will be unavailable.

After that I installed the g15 driver from here.
Now the error messages gone, but still nothing on the LCD screen.
I tried to restart foobar and the Logitech gaming software but no luck.
Then uninstalled the old LCD manager which was for the Z-10 and then the same error messages showed again on the console, which is interesting.
Do you have any other idea?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #266
Thanks for the quick answear.

No problem!

I checked the console and found these errors:

foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 723): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 657): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::on_init, 115): Failed to connect to LCD API. Plugin will be unavailable.

Those errors indicate that I was right about the LCD Manager version being...problematic. Which is something I guess.

Then uninstalled the old LCD manager which was for the Z-10 and then the same error messages showed again on the console, which is interesting.

"Interesting" is a good word to use there! 

Now the error messages gone, but still nothing on the LCD screen.

When you say the error messages are gone, were there other "normal" log messages displayed? (There should be a couple of log messages displayed every time the component starts up as it connects to the LCD).

Do you have any other idea?

A couple - but none of them very good! I'm a little confused to be honest - though that's not all that unusual!

There are two possibilities that seem most likely, either for some reason the new software did not install totally correctly, or the newest software does not actually support the Z-10s at all.

If the installation did not work correctly (perhaps because the old software was still installed at the time?) then un-installing all Logitech LCD software then reinstalling the G-15 software may work. Rebooting your PC between each stage is probably a good idea too (drivers can be difficult if you don't). I know that version of the software *does* work with the component since it's the version I use - so either it's a Z-10 specific issue or something to do with you setup specifically.

If the newest software does not support the Z-10s then we need to find you an older version of the software (before they unified it all). But of course they have stopped listing that on the downloads page for the G15.

Sigh. These Logitech drivers and support of older hardware is all such a mess.

If you are running a 64bit version of Windows I can send you an old version of the LCD management software to test with, otherwise we'll have to try to dig up a version from some online cache somewhere - which is a pain, but shouldn't be too hard.

Finally, can you tell me what happened with other LCD components when you have/had different versions of the LCD software installed? Did installing the new software still allow the LCD to work with other things? If you changed the clock on the new software (for example) did it update the LCD? If not then that would suggest the software did not install correctly, if they all worked correctly then it suggests something more subtle is wrong.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #267
Now I uninstalled all Logitech driver, restart computer, install G15 driver, restart, the logitech software says, can't find any device, so I think it's not support the Z-10.
On the foobar console there's no any error or normal message now.
Yesterday after installed the new driver the first time, the old one worked correctly, I was able to change the clock etc.
With the new one of course nothing worked, because can't see the device.
I'm using Win7 64bit so we can try with the older driver.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #268
I'm using Win7 64bit so we can try with the older driver.

Trying with the old driver apparently worked - so that's nice!

If other people encounter this issue (unable to get Z-10s or similar working with the component) the answer is you need to find the older (legacy) "GamePanel" software - i.e. those prior to the release of the new "unified" Gaming Software. AFAIK the last version of those drivers that was available was v3.06.

Sadly Logitech have removed the download links for these drivers from the pages of many, if not all, of the products they supported.

So, there are two options - either try a web search for "logitech gamepanel drivers" or "logitech gamepanel software" (both of which currently bring up a few possible downloads) - or contact me.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure all that was in this thread for future reference and all that

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #269
Hello. I was wondering about the track info: Is it possible to split long titles/album names into two lines, instead of having them scroll across the screen? So, instead of having a long title scroll across, it would just continue itself onto the line below.

I'd like that. Is that possible to do?

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #270
Quote from: KeijoKala link=msg=0 date=

Yes I should think that will be possible

Though as ever, no promises.

If you don't mind getting your hands a little dirty you can actually use (abuse?  ) foobars formatting engine to emulate line wrapping - it is not perfect, but it might be "good enough" in the short term.

For example:
Code: [Select]
$puts(MyText,%album artist%)
$puts(MaxLen,19)
$select(
$add($div($len($get(MyText)),$get(MaxLen)),1),
$get(MyText),
$substr($get(MyText),0,$get(MaxLen))$char(10)
$puts(MyText,$right($get(MyText),$sub($len($get(MyText)),$get(MaxLen))))
$substr($get(MyText),0,$get(MaxLen)),
$substr($get(MyText),0,$get(MaxLen)),
$substr($get(MyText),0,$get(MaxLen)))

Before:
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

After:
...And You Will Kno
w Us By The Trail O
f Dead

So, yeah, um, close. Kinda.   

As you can see it looks pretty horrendous though and while it might be possible to do better it's unlikely to get much nicer.

If you want to try out what I posted, you can simple copy and paste that code into the Track Info dialog box - replace "%album artist%" (on the first line) with the text you want to split if it is too long, replace "19" on the second line with the number of characters you want the line length to be - anything longer than this will be split into multiple lines. The code will wrap anything longer than the number of characters you specify for up to 4 lines - more lines requires more code, but is just the same idea. If you decide to edit/expand what I've written I highly recommend doing editing work in an external text editor - makes life a little easier.

Oh and make sure you have "Expert Mode" enabled in the component before you try this!

Hope that makes sense  Feel free to let me know if it doesn't - would be happy to help you get my temporary fix working!

Would be really interested if anyone can improve on my title formatting code (not that I spent all that long working on it).

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #271
Thanks! While not perfect, it suits my purposes just fine.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #272
Im sure this is possible but it would need some modification of some sort.

I like to have some information on my lcd panel some times as well as the music information.
I noticed that you can change the two timings at the end of the track info display to "system date" and "system time"

what I would like to be able to do is change Track info 2 (for example) into a display of 2 lines with system date and system time.
I do not know how to code for the G15 but if I could incorporate this into the display that would be a nice little extra. (even if you could give me some advice about how I would go to changing it on my own)

It would be useful to be able to add something like %system_date% and %system_time% into the tags so that I could fill that into line 1 and 2 as well as having the progress bar.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #273
Quote from: penfold1992 link=msg=0 date=
It would be useful to be able to add something like %system_date% and %system_time% into the tags so that I could fill that into line 1 and 2 as well as having the progress bar.

Not only is it possible - but it is something I actually coded a little while back - so it will be in the next version...

...whenever that is... 

Which neatly segues into a more general update for anyone who is interested in what is happening with this component:

Good news is that I'm still here and still have many plans for this component (and other components besides!)

Bad news is that "life" continues to scupper my plans for updates

The result: development continues and will continue for the foreseeable future, but I can't say when the next update will be.

Sorry to all for the delays and lack of updates - I know how annoying not getting software updates can be.

foo_logitech_lcd

Reply #274
Not only is it possible - but it is something I actually coded a little while back - so it will be in the next version...

Awesome =) im excited for the new update but i would also be interested in how the coding works in being able to do this (as i am interested in becoming a software developer in the future)