Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC not detecting CTDB Plugin / Unable to Detect as Metadata Provider (WinXP SP3) (Read 2442 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC not detecting CTDB Plugin / Unable to Detect as Metadata Provider (WinXP SP3)

Hi guys, I'm trying to get my copy of EAC to detect the CueTools Database Plugin, but it's only seeing the freedb option in Metadata Providers. It's also not comparing against the CueTools Database within the log file.

I'm running the latest version of EAC (1.6), which includes CueTools 2.1.6. I ticked the option to include that installation component, and made sure to double check the files were in the installation folder.

I also grabbed the files from here and tried replacing them, no dice: http://www.cuetools.net/install/CUETools.CTDB.EACPlugin.2.1.6.zip

My computer is running Windows XP SP3. My CD Drive is an ASUS - CRW-5232AS at FW1.03. I've installed .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (which includes 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2), and have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update.

Having both the above installations should mean I meet the prerequisites to run CueTools and allow the plugin to run.

I had a look at past threads and found the following: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=107449.0

I've tried reinstalling EAC as well per the above thread, which did not solve the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys!

Re: EAC not detecting CTDB Plugin / Unable to Detect as Metadata Provider

Reply #1
In the past, EAC required the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and .NET Framework 2.0 for any of the plugins to function with the CUETools Database plugin requiring the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. You stated you have two of three installed. I'd start there.

korth

Reply #2
In the past, EAC required the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and .NET Framework 2.0 for any of the plugins to function with the CUETools Database plugin requiring the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable. You stated you have two of three installed. I'd start there.
Hi korth, thanks for your comment.

I installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update" from Microsoft this morning, restarted my computer and tried to access the CTDB plugin, no dice. I also tried reinstalling EAC, and replaced the CTDB plugin files from the EAC install folder with the copies with the 2.1.6 plugin files, and no luck there either.

Seeing as this is a fresh XP install, I'm happy to list what I've installed, to see if there's anything else that might have been required that I don't have currently.

Cheers.

Reply #3
In your initial post you mentioned that the built-in freedb engine was the only metadata source showing up. If that is still the case then the focus should be on getting any of the plugins working, not just the CTDB plugin.

Those trying to install EAC on linux using WINE often run into the same issue with the plugins not working. I can't remember reading a solution though.
Edit: A quick search suggests .NET 4.x is also needed.
korth

Reply #4
In your initial post you mentioned that the built-in freedb engine was the only metadata source showing up. If that is still the case then the focus should be on getting any of the plugins working, not just the CTDB plugin.

Those trying to install EAC on linux using WINE often run into the same issue with the plugins not working. I can't remember reading a solution though.
Edit: A quick search suggests .NET 4.x is also needed.
That one did the trick, thanks so much korth!

Installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) from the Microsoft Download Centre [MDC] allowed EAC (without having to reinstall) to:

- Recognise both the AcoustID and the CTDB Plugins
- Give options for multiple Metadata sources
- Allow for the CTDB 2.1.6 Plugin to work and compare against its database, which is reflected in the LOG file.

For others that may be having issues with EAC running on Windows XP SP3, this is what I had to have installed, in order to get Exact Audio Copy 1.6 (latest version at time of writing) running correctly with access to plugins:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package) [via MDC]
- Includes Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
- Includes Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
- Includes Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) [via MDC]
- Includes Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Includes Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update [via MDC]
- Includes Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update [via MDC]
- Includes Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161