Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [SPAM/OFFENSIVE] Rude feature "request" (Read 3769 times) previous topic - next topic

[SPAM/OFFENSIVE] Rude feature "request"

Finally people are waking up to M4A

Nero is the last major "holdout". I got them to add support for reading .M4A files, but they have been so far dragging their heels on giving their users the option to save (encode) with the .m4a extension. Hopefully, this soon will change.

Winamp 5.03, Apple iTunes and RealPlayer 10 all encode to files with the .m4a file extension by default for MNPEG 4 Audio files. Also it is interesting to note that they also all use .M4A "out of the box" as their default preferred codec/format unless the user changes the setting for audio codec. Compaact gives users the choice of which one by default to use, .m4a or .mp4.

So even though .mp4 is the official mpeg extension, M4A is allowed under MPEG spec rules. Due to its "common use" M4A has now seemingly surpassed .mp4 in popularity for applications encoding MPEG 4 Audio files.

Also, since M4A means MPEG 4 Audio (only), it is bit more descriptive than .mp4 which can mean audio, audio & video or just plain video. It causes much less confusion among media player software and hardware to use M4A in my opinion. I use to launch video playback software every time I tried to play a .mp4 audio files...

Reply #1
I want to post something that makes my warning level go to 33% 

Reply #2
Menno,

Just do your job, add this important feature, and we will all be happy. After all, both you and Ivan do ultimately work for us, the users you buy your products

Remember : The customer is always right!

Reply #3
I want to post something that makes my warning level go to 33% 

I can sense your frustration.

Reply #4
Adding bullshit to the encoder GUI is not my job...

Reply #5
Just do your job, add this important feature, and we will all be happy.

LOL! Who the heck do you think you are to decide what is Menno's job????

Reply #6
I am the customer. If he and Ivan (and Garf) don't do their jobs, I will find (and pay for) another encoder. I also will encourage others to abondon Nero (boycott it) and do the same.

Reply #7
I am the customer.

Not enough

You should be Richard Lesser or Jim Corbett to decide Menno's job.

I also will encourage others to abondon Nero (boycott it) and do the same.

LOL! Just because they don't support your beloved extension?

Dude, you are sick!

Somebody split this thread to recycle bin, please.

Reply #8
Please don't troll.