Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is Foobar the player to play .ogm video files? (Read 4680 times) previous topic - next topic

Is Foobar the player to play .ogm video files?

I'm pretty sure Foobar is strictly audio, but I have a video file in .ogm format and according to FILExt, it can support it. Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Reply #1
This is because .ogg and .ogm are the same: a container file. But with foobar you can only play the audio.
You could use Media Player Classic (http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/) with the required codecs installed (OggDS, and the video codec).

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, AngelGR.

Ok, so I've already got M.P.C. and just downloaded the OggDS package, but am not having any success finding the video codec ("Ogg theora", I think) -- it seems to still be in the development stage -- any ideas?

Reply #3
hmm, you got unlucky on that one  ogg theora is still in dev stage, and i think shouldnt be used to any encodes other tha tests, but i think you might be able to play it with ffvfw (google)
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Reply #4
I've actually already got ffvfw installed, and its readme says it does support theora although it's unstable. So you think Media Player Classic should be ablt to play it?

I thought I read that the Ogg Vorbis video codec would be ready for release in June '03...

Reply #5
ffvfw and ffdshow are both base on ffmpeg : the directshow filter is ffdshow, ffvfw is, as its name says a video for windows codec based on ffmpeg

most player use directshow filter to play files, so you need latest ffdshow installed to play theora encoded files...
If the version on sf.net doesn't support Theora, try the ones on doom9's ffdshow thread : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?postid=364601
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !