Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AudioSAFE (Read 152805 times) previous topic - next topic

AudioSAFE

Reply #175
My main problem right now is that it seems to have failed to recognize some files as audio, or maybe there is a video clip in my music dir, I'm not sure, and that filled the "storage quota for non-audio files exceeded". There seems to be no way to figure out what file(s) that is, nor to delete it from there.

It is now stuck at 99% and every few minutes it spews hundreds of notifications that it cannot upload the remaining non-audio files (playlists, md5, rip logs), making it essentially unusable.

AudioSAFE

Reply #177
If you look at the bigger picture, there is only a finite amount of audio in existence, we intend to store it all.
Mee too :-). I'm ripping CDs to get there and I'm getting afraid the amount is infinite in fact (at least the amount is *much* faster growing than I can ripp).

Regarding upload. With my current (ideal) upload bandwidth it would take almost 600 days (let's say, 2 years with a continiously running PC) to upload my collection. Would it be possible to just send a harddrive (or two)?

AudioSAFE

Reply #179
Regarding upload. With my current (ideal) upload bandwidth it would take almost 600 days (let's say, 2 years with a continiously running PC) to upload my collection. Would it be possible to just send a harddrive (or two)?

Don't forget that if spoon already has some of the tracks in your collection, those don't need to be uploaded.

AudioSAFE

Reply #180
Just under 3 TB FLAC including scanned album art. There are lot's of recorded vinyls; I guess, de-duplication would have no effect there. For the CDs, well, there might be a reasonable de-duplication effect. I should wait some time and let others do the upload  .

AudioSAFE

Reply #181
The beta testing of AudioSAFE is progressing well, we currently have approaching 2% of the worlds audio stored, it is anticipated that content storage will accelerate upon full release (we are aiming for December or January).

Also we are beginning the AudioSAFE spin-offs, the first of which is a high quality album art database, this will correctly tag your files with album art, fully automatic, even upgrade the low resolution art in your existing files. This service will be provided without cost, a community project, to give to the world not just correct album art, but quality art work. Coding on this has just begun, as they say, watch this space.

The full potential of AudioSAFE will be realized through additional offerings given the fullness of time.

AudioSAFE

Reply #182
We are also giving serious consideration to allowing fast loading via USB HDDs for those with large collections, not 100% sure it will progress at this stage because of the logistics of physical disk transportation around the world.

AudioSAFE

Reply #183
I'm impressed where this is heading.

AudioSAFE

Reply #184
I will endeavor to put up a T&C and privacy statement ASAP

Any updates on the T&C, privacy statement and/or pricing yet?

"Free backup" (I'd call it free upload) sounds nice but without knowing what restoring costs..
"I hear it when I see it."

AudioSAFE

Reply #186
And I forgot to say, the audio safe client is being ported to the mac.

T&C I am not ignoring this, rather I did not want to put something up which changes, so or deadline for such is release from beta which might be only 8 - 12 weeks off.

AudioSAFE

Reply #188
Using estimates from the various meta data base databases and accurate rip.

AudioSAFE

Reply #189
this will correctly tag your files with album art, fully automatic,
That would be something new and really exciting! From my experience automatic meta data or album art retrieval is never 100 % correct. Do you have a reference standard for album art (resolution, size, image type, ...)?

AudioSAFE

Reply #190
This sounds like a great idea, in principle. However, in common with many others on this Forum I have a very large music collection (over 750 GB). I have what is probably above average (for the UK) Broadband speeds yet my average upload rate is around 3 GB per day (from my computer's hard drive). At that rate - and assuming that a NAS would not be slower - it would take me a minimum of 8 months to do the initial upload!

I would happily pay to make the initial upload if a viable alternative were offered - unlikely given the physical distances involved - but otherwise it remains impractical until Korean-style Broadband connections become readily available in the UK.

AudioSAFE

Reply #191
This sounds like a great idea, in principle. However, in common with many others on this Forum I have a very large music collection (over 750 GB). I have what is probably above average (for the UK) Broadband speeds yet my average upload rate is around 3 GB per day (from my computer's hard drive). At that rate - and assuming that a NAS would not be slower - it would take me a minimum of 8 months to do the initial upload!

I think it's been pointed out before, but you don't necessarily have to upload all 750GB. You only have to upload the material you have and nobody else using AudioSAFE has.

Seed didn't give details, but I suspect it works especially well if a lot of that 750G is lossless stuff.

AudioSAFE

Reply #192
Seed didn't give details, but I suspect it works especially well if a lot of that 750G is lossless stuff.

Also, purchased tracks, even if lossy, should get good overlap.

Does the client give any indication of how well this is working?

AudioSAFE

Reply #193
Some AS news:

Apple MAC Client to be released Soon.

Offer: Fast load your collection: if you have more than 700GB of content and are either in the EU, or USA, we will ship a USB HDD(s) to you. Load your content to USB HDD, we collect and your content will be fast loaded onto our servers. Simply email: Your Name + Address and content total size to: betatest@audiosafe.com

AudioSAFE

Reply #194
You know you're not going to get many of those HDDs back, right?

AudioSAFE

Reply #196
is there any mechanism for deleting individual files from an account? i've done many things to my music collection including renaming the files to follow a particular scheme as well as changing the drive letter from E:\ to D:\ and as a result, AudioSafe Restore shows many [file deleted] files even though they weren't.

AudioSAFE

Reply #198
AudioSAFE has crashed several times on me on my new Windows 7 x64 machine. It is the only programme doing so at the moment (I'm not ruling out hardware at this time) and the machine is running OK 24/7.

Here is the Windows log:
Code: [Select]
Faulting application name: AudioSafe-Client.exe, version: 1.0.0.5, time stamp: 0x4e69dc53
Faulting module name: AudioSafe-Client.exe, version: 1.0.0.5, time stamp: 0x4e69dc53
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00063683
Faulting process id: 0xbd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc9be17879d6b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\AudioSafe\AudioSafe-Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\AudioSafe\AudioSafe-Client.exe
Report Id: aa35813d-083e-11e1-b571-080027002819

If you'd like any more information let me know.
daefeatures.co.uk

AudioSAFE

Reply #199
We will not sell, or distribute your details to 3rd parties without your consent

ROFL.
You do realise then, you could add in that EULA of yours, that on installation of AudioSAFE, you agree to that?