Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do you unsmear the smear plagued 16/44 CD format?? (Read 3878 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you unsmear the smear plagued 16/44 CD format??

You MQA it.

Next riddle: How do you make Bob Stuart rich?

Stay tuned for answer....

Loudspeaker manufacturer

Re: How do you unsmear the smear plagued 16/44 CD format??

Reply #1
Unfortunately, the worst smearing of CD-quality audio has come from audiophile bullshit and marketing campaigns.

I wish someone could come up with a plan to undo that smearing.

Reply #2
“Listening to the MQA CD was a great moment in my life, as it no longer sounded like music from a CD,”

I wonder what music from a CD sounds like to this person.
and do all CD's have it.

Must be silly statement of Week

Reply #3
He looks too old to have heard only dreadful loudness war-era remasters ...

I kinda liked this one:  "realised that MQA could enable not only 48-24 coding but also 44.1-16 coding."
Downmix from 48/24 to a consumer format. Yay, innovative!

Reply #4
It is often the older 70+ old these days posting about how good hi$res, MQA and dsd sounds. It may be related to the short term memory in direct correlation with an upcomming dementia that gives them superpowers yet unresearched.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #5
I can unsmear a CD with a microfibre cloth. Easy and cheap.

Of course, it won't sound any different.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #6
It is often the older 70+ old these days posting about how good hi$res, MQA and dsd sounds. It may be related to the short term memory in direct correlation with an upcomming dementia that gives them superpowers yet unresearched.

This makes me laugh.  Becuase most guys in their 70s probably have hearing that cuts off at 13K and could never appreciate the full range of CD, let alone the range of an SACD.

The dog, on the other hand is rocking out to all that high end he's suddenly able to hear.

Reply #7
The dog, on the other hand is rocking out to all that high end he's suddenly able to hear.

Should consider that for my mom's dogs next time,  Assuming they give a crap and can stop barking at random stuff going on outside.   :P

Hey don't forget cats, too.  In a house full of cats, I wonder what would happen if someone played the calls mice make on a tiny speaker capable of reproducing it, in something the size of a mouse that moves across the floor?  Hopefully it doesn't attract actual mice.

Reply #9
Hey don't forget cats, too.  In a house full of cats, I wonder what would happen if someone played the calls mice make

I guess that if MQA starts facing lawsuits over loudspeakers suddenly torn apart by cats, then Bob Stuart can happily let his marketing department pay  :))

Off topic: one has attempted to use ultrasonic pest repellents against rodents as well, with at most a week of successful effects (rats, like placebophiles, apply uncontrolled extended listening to a single device, and once they have made up their mind, that device is their new reference). Of course, if you turn up loud enough ... then you will probably damage your cat's hearing, and that may benefit the mice.