Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Downmixing 7.1 wv to 5.1 (Read 5197 times) previous topic - next topic

Downmixing 7.1 wv to 5.1

Hi,
i catch the occasion of this new beta, first to do the compliments, second to expose a situation i'm into and atm i can't solve concerning Wavpack. Here it is.

I have a video file with a 7.1 WV lossless encoded in it.

The problem is that i have only a 5.1 system, and so my problem is downmix the 7.1 wv to 5.1 (or 2.0) channels.

So, after correctly decoded the file with CoreWV, this 7.1 PCM isn't accepted by Ac3Filter (wich supports only up to 5.1 PCM), but is not accepted neither from FFDShow, which has a 7.1 downmixer.

So, i think it's some kind of problem between the PCM CoreWV output and the FFDShow.

Pheraps this is not exactly the right place for this (and if this is the case sorry for that), but can you help or can you point me in the right direction in order to solve this problem?

Thanks and compliments again

Downmixing 7.1 wv to 5.1

Reply #1
So, i think it's some kind of problem between the PCM CoreWV output and the FFDShow.

Pheraps this is not exactly the right place for this (and if this is the case sorry for that), but can you help or can you point me in the right direction in order to solve this problem?

Yeah, this is [yet another] area that I really don't know much about.

Perhaps a mod should move this to Movie/Multichannel Audio where it's probably more appropriate?

But thanks for the kind words about WavPack! 

David