Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip Converter-AIFF N/A Windows 10 (Read 1133 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip Converter-AIFF N/A Windows 10

I'm venturing into computer audio and have just started using Foobar2000 1.3.9 on a freshly installed Windows 10 bloatware free Dell laptop.  I have been ripping my CD's into iTunes with AIFF because when I try to rip them with Foobar2000 it says in the rip converter AIFF N/A.   I would have been ripping with Foobar all along, but I'm not sure how to activate this setting.  I don't see any extra plug-in's besides dBpoweramp that would activate this feature.  Now, I have some Blue Note 24 bit CDs that I would like to rip with Foobar because iTunes doesn't allow for higher bit rates than 16 bits.  I have been searching, but don't see this issue anywhere.  I apologize if I have overlooked it somewhere in which case I would appreciate if you could redirect me.

I don't want to rip into .wav because I want uniformity with what I have ripped all of my other CDs into, nor do I want to convert after I have ripped...one and done.

Much appreciated!

Re: Rip Converter-AIFF N/A Windows 10

Reply #1
1) Probably N/A is in the bitrate column. It indicates that you cannot set the bitrate for AIFF.
2) All CDs are 16-bit.

Reply #2
When you choose rip and then you have choices for formats, wav is available, mp3, flac, etc However for AIFF it says N/A.

So when it says it is a 24bit remastered CD, it really means the master tapes are 24bit and not the CDs?  The CD is still 16bit?

Reply #3
Oh, right, I see, the N/A is under the bit rate column.  It seemed like when I clicked AIFF it wouldn't respond though.  Let me try again.  Maybe I didn't even have a problem  :-[

Reply #4
OK, I have now found a post where they discuss the remastering of the 24bit RVG Blue Note CD...

My CD did rip as .aiff.  I got confused because when I clicked on AIFF nothing seemed to happened like it was a "dead link".

Thanks again