Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 357200 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #175
As a sidenote, you can make use of this behaviour: lets asume you have a review of an album in the comment-tag..... then you could put a short summarizing intro into the first sentence - the trackinfo-panel (which has more available space) could then display the full version.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #176
I am in the process to start learning LUA, because i will switch my focus to a different project in the near future in which i will play the coordination and content-creation part(nope, it doesn't have anything to do with foobar). Since this will require most of my coding-time, major updates of Navigator will be rare - however, minor updates and bugfixes will continue.

Why am i writing this? To let you know that proposals for new major-features will be unrealistic. So, bug-reports and minor features are okay - but i will have no time to add major features in the near future.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #177
@Lyx
Thank you for the excellent format string. I have a few small suggestions.

You mention in the album-mode & status bar the codec "OGG vorbis" while the correct one I think should be "Ogg vorbis".

In my player I have made an option to disable the comment info in album-mode. It saves a lot of space and I don't need it there since I have the indo from the tag-matrix.

It would be nice to have light zeroes in from of the playlist number. In Pos. columns just change the code
Code: [Select]
from
$char(9)%_standard_color_low%$pad_right(%_playlist_number%,4)
to
$char(9)%_special_color2%$pad_right(,$sub($len(%_playlist_total%),$len(%_playlist_number%)),0)
%_standard_color_low%%_playlist_number%

(check the image below to see how it looks)

In the hybrid format string by upNorth there is a nice feature. You can have the parenthesis in titles with different colors. (I have done this although I suck at programming staff so it's lousy code)
change line $if2(%_title%,%_filename%)
to
$if($not(%_title%), %_filename%)
$if($not($strchr(%_title%,'(')),
$substr(%_title%,$strchr(%_title%,'('),$len(%_title%))
)
$if($strchr(%_title%,'('),
$substr(%_title%,1,$add($strchr(%_title%,'('),-1))
%_special_color2%
$substr(%_title%,$strchr(%_title%,'('),$len(%_title%))
)

myfoobar

EDIT: Added the link to my foobar.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #178
You mention in the album-mode & status bar the codec "OGG vorbis" while the correct one I think should be "Ogg vorbis".

Will be changed in future versions. However, the display of the fileextension (for example in singlemode) will stay uppercase, because all fileextensions are generally displayed uppercase - and i don't its worth the resources to code an exception for ogg-files.

It would be nice to have light zeroes in from of the playlist number.

I'll not implement that for two reasons:
* the reason why your mod does not result in display-problems is because you don't use the feature to mark recently played files in the pos-column (it requires last_played-tag to exist... otherwise that feature is disabled). In short, leading zeroes would either disrupt the recently-played-marker, or the column would need to be made wider. I consider saving space of higher priority than minor eyecandy.

* A color to display the leading zeroes does not exist, and i dont think adding another color to the color-scheme config (+ slow code to do secondary calculations) is worth the minor eye-candy. You used special_color2 for it. However, while it may look right with your color-scheme, it may not look right with others - because special_color2 is not meant as a shade-color of standard_color_low. It is like using dark-red as a shade-color for light-blue - the two are not in the same "group".

In the hybrid format string by upNorth there is a nice feature. You can have the parenthesis in titles with different colors.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291540"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll consider adding that feature if i find a more resourcefriendly way to code that. I asume there should be a way to do that with just 2-3 lines of code(i'll not invest more resources for this feature). However, it may take a while until i take a closer look at this idea, because i currently don't have room for serious tagz-coding in my head(after learning 70% of LUA + an intro into object-oriented-programming in just 3 days, one feels like those "download-shit-into-your-brain"-guys from matrix - but its not that cool as in the movie... instead, you get headaches from it). So, i currently can only concentrate on minor tagz stuff. But i'll revisit your idea at a later time. Thanks for the feedback.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #179
Why sandwiches are good for coding:

Found a way to do the parenthesis-thingie with just one line of code. $replace() is your friend also for unconventional uses *g*

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #180
Found a way to do the parenthesis-thingie with just one line of code. $replace() is your friend also for unconventional uses *g*
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291746"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks again, as I said I suck at coding.

Now, did you notice in my foobar screenshot that I also display the vorbis version. This should generally be easy but I noticed that many of my files don't have the vorbis_version string    while all have the vorbis_vendor string. So, the only way I could think of adding that was to guess the version based on the vendor string. I didn't ask for this before because I find it more or less "unrealistic" with you current LUA activities. Anyway if you find this feature worthly and sometime in the future you have the time and the will please fill free to try it.
I can post my code as before but I didn't since I noticed it's so lousy and it doesn't really help you.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #181
@Lyx

About the zeroes, I know it's a minor and propably unimportant eyekind feature but I'm confused so please bare with me and explain anything I haven't understood correct.
1)The zeroes quantity is depending on the length of the number of the last track in the playinglist. Which means that if a playlist has already a 4-digit number tracks then it would add zeroes only to the 1,2&3 digit tracks. It doesn't make the biggest number any bigger in any way. So if the columns has the size to display play count & track number it won't change a bit with the zeroes.
2)I have tested it with all the color-schemes you have included in your formatting string and it seems to be working well. Am I missing something? Or are you talking about possible future schemes?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #182
1)The zeroes quantity is depending on the length of the number of the last track in the playinglist. Which means that if a playlist has already a 4-digit number tracks then it would add zeroes only to the 1,2&3 digit tracks. It doesn't make the biggest number any bigger in any way. So if the columns has the size to display play count & track number it won't change a bit with the zeroes.

You're right, in that case, the "played-today"-marker would only interfere with the tracknumbers in cases where that would happen as well without the dimmed zeroes.

2)I have tested it with all the color-schemes you have included in your formatting string and it seems to be working well. Am I missing something? Or are you talking about possible future schemes?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291822"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Both. I generally don't think that it is a good idea to use a color for purposes, for what it is not meant for. Navigator has groups of colors - there's the standard-color and the special-color and both additionally have dimmed colors autogenerated. Mixing those two for "hacks" may lead to weird results. If anything, then may goal is to make the color-scheme code less error-prone, not more. And its not just the zeroes in the PL-column - if i implement dimmed colors in it, then people will also want dimmed colors for tracknumbers.

The bottom line is that i will not do it without using a new matching color for it. But i will not add more color-calculations unless ui-columns gets support for non-trackspecific global strings. Color-scheme calculations is the most resource-hungry thing you can do in FCSs. Just try out various other FCSs and you will see that those who have the most color and $blend() stuff in them will also be the slowest ones.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #183
Hi Lyx,
what do you think about showing in a different color, in the title&lenght column, the part with artist name (when present because of various-artists album) and the part between the brackets (when exists eg. "Lamb - Cottonwool (Fila Brazilia Remix)")?
Thanks for your great work!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #184
Hi Lyx,
what do you think about showing in a different color, in the title&lenght column, the part with artist name (when present because of various-artists album) and the part between the brackets (when exists eg. "Lamb - Cottonwool (Fila Brazilia Remix)")?
Thanks for your great work!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292916"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Was already proposed before - it will be included in the next version (no ETA).

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #185
I dont know if you think this would be worth it, especially since not everyone has an iPod
but I always end up adding this into your config, to the single mode detection, I add [ipod] so that my ipod playlists added by Load iPod playlists as tabs are shown as singles not an album, and then I add ;*[iPod] to all the filtering in the colunms tab.  Just thought I'd put that out there.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #186
Lyx,
I have updated my color theme slightly. The special color for the tag matrix didn't match the rest of the theme. Here is the updated "Liquid Crystal" color theme.
$puts(theme_dark,0)
$puts(standard_color,$rgb(25,25,25))
$puts(special_color,$rgb(150,150,125))
$puts(playing_color,$rgb(164,169,141))
$puts(borders_color,$rgb(172,153,115))
$puts(bg_color,$rgb(214,219,191))
$puts(bg_color2,$rgb(75,85,90))
$puts(symbol_seperator,' • ')
$puts(symbol_rating,● )

Here is a screenshot with the new colors.
Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #187
I dont know if you think this would be worth it, especially since not everyone has an iPod
but I always end up adding this into your config, to the single mode detection, I add [ipod] so that my ipod playlists added by Load iPod playlists as tabs are shown as singles not an album, and then I add ;*[iPod] to all the filtering in the colunms tab.  Just thought I'd put that out there.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

FYI, this will screw up your display, unless you also add that keyword to the "albummode-detection"-section in the globals string. Anyways, even Pod-users may want albummode instead of singlemode for their pod-stuff - so, i'll not implement that, because tastes differ.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #188
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

FYI, this will screw up your display, unless you also add that keyword to the "albummode-detection"-section in the globals string. Anyways, even Pod-users may want albummode instead of singlemode for their pod-stuff - so, i'll not implement that, because tastes differ.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293466"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thats what I was saying, I edit the globals so that it doesnt display lines above track one  etc. it would be cool if there was a somewhat configurable single mode detection, but I can't think of a good way other than a $select, or an $or which your using right now.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #189
thats what I was saying, I edit the globals so that it doesnt display lines above track one  etc. it would be cool if there was a somewhat configurable single mode detection, but I can't think of a good way other than a $select, or an $or which your using right now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=293521"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, sorry - then i misunderstood you. Anyways, simple configuration of single/albummode is not possible, because the entryfields in the columns (those where you can enter keywords) have no access to the global string. So, even if it would be easily configurable in the global-string, then you would still additionally have to manually change it in all those columns. That would be completely against Navigator's Config-Style (Keep it simple stupid) - and thats why i didn't made it configurable - because the configuration would be too complicated - and i also wouldn't want to deal with the many questions of users resulting from this complexity.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #190
This just looks really sweet, thx Lyx! However it doesn't properly display albums that are named like this:

101-Artist-Title
102-Artist-Title
201-Artist-Title
202-Artist-Title

That's a common way that multi-cd scene releases are named. It works fine if the tracknumber tag is present, but for some reason it rarely is. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #191
This just looks really sweet, thx Lyx! However it doesn't properly display albums that are named like this:

101-Artist-Title
102-Artist-Title
201-Artist-Title
202-Artist-Title

That's a common way that multi-cd scene releases are named. It works fine if the tracknumber tag is present, but for some reason it rarely is. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

add tracknumber tag then..

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #192
Detection of archives doesn't seem to work all the time. The weird thing is that it works some of time, and I can't pinpoint any particular reason for it not to work.
**Alright worked it out, if the files are within a folder within an archive it won't work.
oh and thanks for the hint about using replace for changin the colour of strings in brackets, amazing how easy it is. 

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #193

101-Artist-Title
102-Artist-Title
201-Artist-Title
202-Artist-Title

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294535"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thats intentional. Guessing 3-digit tracknumbers would either cause too many false-alarms (there are quite some artists, albums and titles with three-digit-numbers in them) or would require unreasonable amounts of resources to do it safely. Either change the naming-scheme to something like 1-01, 1-02, or add tracknumber-tags.

Another option would be contacting plisk, who has written a lua-tagguessing script which can guess three-digit tracknumbers. However, because of current limitations of fb2k/lua-plugin there are issues in how the guessed values are stored (they are not stored in memory but instead in tags!)

Detection of archives doesn't seem to work all the time. The weird thing is that it works some of time, and I can't pinpoint any particular reason for it not to work.

Weird. Is it reproducable with the same files/paths? Or does it happen completely randomly? It may be that folder-guessing and archive-detection is colliding in those cases - does it also happen if you disable folder-guessing?

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #194
**Alright worked it out, if the files are within a folder within an archive it won't work.
oh and thanks for the hint about using replace for changin the colour of strings in brackets, amazing how easy it is.  :D
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294731"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ah, that makes sense. Will be fixed in next version. Thanks for hunting this one down.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #195
minor update - changelog as usual in the first post. Backup your modifications before upgrading.

@anishbenji: i wanted to include your color-scheme, but text on top of the secondary background color(for example at the place where album-metadata is shown) is almost unreadable.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #196
@anishbenji: i wanted to include your color-scheme, but text on top of the secondary background color(for example at the place where album-metadata is shown) is almost unreadable.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=296274"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No worries... I'll see if I can adjust the colors for better visibilty and still keep the look I want, otherwise I'll just keep using the present color scheme myself.
Anish

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #197
hi lyx,

i could need a suggestion from you again. i'm still in trouble with getting my VA's sorted correctly in the playlist when imported from my ipod. as example i've got this album here:

any input appreciated.

ronny

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #198
edit: i think it has to do with the way you mark V.A. albums. Try using the album-artist-tag instead. Currently, navigator has to "guess" your va-scheme from your artist-tag...... and it seems like it only works partially with your scheme.

edit2: unfixable. The problem is that you mark your v.a. files in front of the artist-tag. This works in the playlist, because the v.a. part is just stripped from the artist-tag. However, the sorting-code does not use tag-guessing, because otherwise it would be painfully slow - therefore, when sorting, then it sees your tags as they really are. Again, the album artist-tag would solve this.

edit3: another possibility would be that you change the sorting in the columns to only sort by path_raw(so, ignore all tags when sorting) - but that will probablyresult in other weird things.

Info on the album artist tag-scheme can be found here:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=31530&hl=

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #199
Anyone knows a tool that will let me add %artist album% to songs stored on an Ipod without having to transfer them to pc and back in order to tag them?