Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 68108 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.6_beta26.zip
http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.6_beta24_sdk.zip

Please report only actual bugs in this thread.
Any useless posts [span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'](eg. "This Version Is Slow", "This Version Has No Bass", "My Seekbar Plugin Doesn't Work", "Shuffle Doesn't Work", "Zip Compression Sucks", "Kernel Streaming BSODs My WinXP", etc)[/span] will be deleted.

[edit] beta26 posted, pre-b11 SDKs do not work
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.6 public test

Reply #1
Seems fine so far. 

Is the SDK final, or will we be seeing another 0.6 SDK when foobar 0.6 final is released?

Now I've got to go recompile foo_shizzle for 0.6. 

0.6 public test

Reply #2
yes, SDK is final (unless bugs show up) and it is intended to work with at least all 0.6x releases.

0.6 public test

Reply #3
Good to know. 

On a completely unrelated note, foo_shizzle doesn't work at all under 0.6.  I'll have to figure out what's going on.

0.6 public test

Reply #4
you most likely need to configure database, it's disabled by default now (only caches files being in use).

0.6 public test

Reply #5
Yep.  I noticed that right after I posted.    It works now.

By the way, should shortcut_actions::get_name() just return the name of the component?  Also, is it acceptable to return NULL if the component doesn't need its own group?  (i.e. Meta Search \ Meta Search is sort of overkill, but then, I don't know how you're planning to implement this, so maybe not.)  I know it's not being used yet, but I figure I should plan ahead.

0.6 public test

Reply #6
return null if you don't want your own group or whatever-group-name-you-want if you want one.

0.6 public test

Reply #7
Thanks.

I seem to have found a bug.  Meta Search registers a database callback because it keeps database-related information in memory.  However, the on_new() method is not being called when I add new files.  (this is after nuking and restarting, of course).  The on_modify() method is being called, however.

P.S. I don't know if 0.5 had this behavior or not.  I never thought to check it. (My function was tested by modifying files.  My on_modify calls on_new.)

Also, I don't know if this is relevant information or not, but my callback is not being registered on_init().  It's registered the first time the search window is displayed.

0.6 public test

Reply #8
On Win95, there are no menu buttons. Also, the shuffle and repeat menu items do not do anything at all. This behavior actually appeared in an earlier version... 0.53, maybe? Will you be addressing this?
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

0.6 public test

Reply #9
Thanks.

I seem to have found a bug.  Meta Search registers a database callback because it keeps database-related information in memory.  However, the on_new() method is not being called when I add new files.  (this is after nuking and restarting, of course).  The on_modify() method is being called, however.

P.S. I don't know if 0.5 had this behavior or not.  I never thought to check it. (My function was tested by modifying files.  My on_modify calls on_new.)

Also, I don't know if this is relevant information or not, but my callback is not being registered on_init().  It's registered the first time the search window is displayed.

obsolete callbacks got dropped, read metadb.h

0.6 public test

Reply #10
On Win95, there are no menu buttons. Also, the shuffle and repeat menu items do not do anything at all. This behavior actually appeared in an earlier version... 0.53, maybe? Will you be addressing this?

1. win95 is buggy, if you still use it, you get what you're asking for
2. can't reproduce, yet another problem on your side

0.6 public test

Reply #11

Oh.  So is there no longer any way to get notified when a new entry is added to the database?

Hmm.  I'll look at playlist_loader_callback.  Maybe That'll do what I want.

0.6 public test

Reply #12
1st, 10x for the dropdowns (combo-boxes) everywhere

one bug though, i cant edit in them more then their length. meaning, unlike the previous textboxes which allowed to overflow the size, the new dropdowns don't.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

0.6 public test

Reply #13

Some people don't have the option of upgrading. (Think "work computer", "test bed", etc.) The odd thing is that there's a lot of apps that *do* work on Win95.

... because you're not testing on Win95? That's a "duh" response. I know that others can reproduce this; I've seen mention of it before. It's a Win95 thing (first clue) and popped up as a regression circa v0.53 (second clue... I can tell you the exact version number if you have an archive available). You know what code you've changed; it shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint.

And if you still want to brush people off, it could be done with a little more tact, ya know. "Win95 is not a supported platform. This behavior cannot be reproduced on any platform that is supported and so has been classified as a fault in Win95." Ahhhhh..... customer service......
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']I wouldn't know a subtle hint if it stood on my desk in a purple dress dancing and singing, "Subtle hints are here again!"[/span]

0.6 public test

Reply #14

Oh.  So is there no longer any way to get notified when a new entry is added to the database?

Hmm.  I'll look at playlist_loader_callback.  Maybe That'll do what I want.

you should use void metadb::enum_entries(metadb_enum_callback * cb) to track contents of database, like albumlist does

0.6 public test

Reply #15

Some people don't have the option of upgrading. (Think "work computer", "test bed", etc.) The odd thing is that there's a lot of apps that *do* work on Win95.

... because you're not testing on Win95? That's a "duh" response. I know that others can reproduce this; I've seen mention of it before. It's a Win95 thing (first clue) and popped up as a regression circa v0.53 (second clue... I can tell you the exact version number if you have an archive available). You know what code you've changed; it shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint.

And if you still want to brush people off, it could be done with a little more tact, ya know. "Win95 is not a supported platform. This behavior cannot be reproduced on any platform that is supported and so has been classified as a fault in Win95." Ahhhhh..... customer service......

then use programs that were written in win95 age and tested on win95, instead of whining about software you don't even pay for.
retard.

0.6 public test

Reply #16
one bug though, i cant edit in them more then their length. meaning, unlike the previous textboxes which allowed to overflow the size, the new dropdowns don't.

fixed

0.6 public test

Reply #17
you should use void metadb::enum_entries(metadb_enum_callback * cb) to track contents of database, like albumlist does

Well, the point of doing it the other way was to avoid the overhead of interfacing with the database for searches.

The "Stardard Search" option of the plugin maintains a list of all meta-info in memory.  That way, it can be sorted and binary-searched. (though the binary search actually turned on in the released version, due to a bug)

In addition, keeping a list of entries allows me to keep associated pre-formatted strings, which avoids the overhead of creating strings for display.  (Just extended playlist_entry and added a new field)

I guess it's your call, but why is the metadb_callback included in the API at all?  It doesn't seem very useful if it only reports when entries are modified or movied, and never when they are added.

P.S.  The plugin does use a metadb_enum_callback to get the original information.

0.6 public test

Reply #18
as you have probably noticed, metadb_callback is for getting notified about files being edited or moved, which is very important eg. in playlist.
keeping a copy of database produces really big memory overhead on your side, i don't see any serious reason to do that.

0.6 public test

Reply #19
I suppose it could be important for things like the playlist.  It still seems like a gaping hole in the functionality, but as I said, that's your call.

And yes, keeping that copy of the database in memory does add a pretty big memory overhead.  But it also adds a significant speed increase.  That's why it's just one of the three search options.

I guess I'll be changing some things up for the 0.6 release of Meta Search.  (i.e. No more call back.  Build list on dialog display.  That means that the dialog will have to be closed and re-openned to reflect database changes, but I guess that's the way it's going to have to be.)

0.6 public test

Reply #20
whats wrong about adding "refresh" button like the one in albumlist ?

0.6 public test

Reply #21
That works, too.    I just liked the fact that it was automatic.

It's not like it actually affects me in the least.  I add new songs maybe once every month.  The only reason that I even noticed that the callback wasn't working properly (or rather, the way I expected) is because I had to rebuild the database after reinstalling.  I just like the thought of it being automatic.  Plus now I'm going to have to squeeze a 6th button in there.

I do like the bigger-by-default albumlist.

0.6 public test

Reply #22
$blend(a,b,c,d) - generates a color in c/d between colors a and b

There goes my fading script !

Seriously though, it seems to only have three parameters and implements d as the total time itself.

e.g. im using
$blend($rgb(152,96,150),$rgb(212,146,10),%_time_elapsed_seconds%)
which works

from the description i thought it would be
$blend($rgb(152,96,150),$rgb(212,146,10),%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%)
but that doesnt work, returns nothing.

edit: also tray max/restore controls are still broken..

0.6 public test

Reply #23
Using Win2k & rar achives.

Does not get stored in database.
Folders in rar file show up as tracks.

0.6 public test

Reply #24
beta2 posted, see links in first post