Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How does iTunes deal with gaps while ripping? (Read 2773 times) previous topic - next topic

How does iTunes deal with gaps while ripping?

I just read on the wiki about EAC gapless playback ripping method - to append gaps to the previous track, which sounds like a simple and good idea.
Since I rip all my CDs using iTunes, I start to wonder how iTunes deal with this problem...

How does iTunes deal with gaps while ripping?

Reply #1
iTunes does not detect gaps (or any other non-01 indices), therefore any data that may be marked off by a 00 index will be included at the end of the previous track.  This is really not a big deal except if there is hidden audio before the beginning of the first track then iTunes will not see it.

If you're interested in precision enough to be curious about gaps you should be aware of the fact that iTunes is not exactly a secure ripping program, at least not to the same standard as others that are available.