Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC > TOAST > AUDIO CD > ITUNES = APPLE LOSSLESS! (Read 5467 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC > TOAST > AUDIO CD > ITUNES = APPLE LOSSLESS!

my method

1. drag flac's to toast
2. put 0 seconds between tracks
3. convert to audio cd
4. mount the audio cd
5. open itunes and import to apple lossless

for some reasons I like convert my flac files to apple lossless using toast, for mount on itunes and get track names and convert to apple lossless...

my question is if I loose quality from the original flac? I dont want loose quality

I think that toast convert to audio cd (wav) right???

My fear is that I recently see the options for CONVERT FILES on toast and the render to wav say normal, better, best... so toast do the same when convert to audio cd? I dont want normal qualities... I want the best...

please help

Reply #1
Maybe I'm missing something, but if the FLAC have tags...

FLAC > XLD = APPLE LOSSLESS!

- Kewl

Reply #2
By "convert to audio cd" and "mount the audio cd" are you burning to CD-R/RW, or are you just working with an image and a virtual drive?

If you're actually writing to physical media and reading you'll find that the audio data will be shifted in time unless you're taking measures to prevent this.

I mention this so that you won't be surprised that checksums of the audio data between the source flacs and Apple lossless target files will be different, surely indicating that the process is not exactly lossless.

Reply #3
Maybe I'm missing something, but if the FLAC have tags...

FLAC > XLD = APPLE LOSSLESS!

- Kewl

some flacs dont have tags... so with toast and mount it on itunes load the tags like a insert a original CD

Reply #4
By "convert to audio cd" and "mount the audio cd" are you burning to CD-R/RW, or are you just working with an image and a virtual drive?

If you're actually writing to physical media and reading you'll find that the audio data will be shifted in time unless you're taking measures to prevent this.

I mention this so that you won't be surprised that checksums of the audio data between the source flacs and Apple lossless target files will be different, surely indicating that the process is not exactly lossless.

not burning to cd! just mount it and open on itunes for import to apple lossless

HERE a tutorial of what Iam talking about it!
http://www.ehow.com/how_4560068_convert-fl...les-itunes.html

Reply #7
some flacs dont have tags... so with toast and mount it on itunes load the tags like a insert a original CD

Does the command "Get CD Track Names" under "Advanced" in iTunes get enough information for you? If it does, you could go direct FLAC to ALAC, as kewl suggests.