Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there ASPI SCSI based software can find my CDRW/DVDR ROM? (Read 3246 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there ASPI SCSI based software can find my CDRW/DVDR ROM?

Dear All,

At last week, I test some CD audio softwares such as CDex, Audacity.
EAC, CD-DA xtractor, all of these kinds of  softwares cannot find my CDRW/DVDR ROM.

I'm interested in  the audio CD/DVD VC programming by using Advanced ASPI SCSI
command, but i really cannot find a proper software which can be used to find my
CDROM.

The CDRW/DVDR ROM is Sony i.Link CDRW/DVDR ROM (IEEE 1394 Standard) which
seems located at AdId=0, Device=0 and Lun=0.

Would you please provide some useful information which aspi scsi based software
can be used to find my cdrom? How to use the MMC method to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

chen

Reply #1
Give dBpowerAMP Music Converter a try, if you are still stuck post on the dBpowerAMP Forum, or here - there are checking and test programs I have you can run, in 2 years I don't think I have failed to get anyones CD drive detected.

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply!
I'm sorry that i cannot download the software you proposed. But I have test
my CDROM problem by Eay CD-DA Extractor. It seems worked. The name of my CDRW/DVDR
ROM is MATHITA UJDA710 1.04 a shown in the Eay CD-DA Extractor.

But I don't know how it worked for finding my CDROM? Also I'm intersted if the aspi scsi mmc command is used in the source code?

Is there anyone know that?

Thanks again!

chen