Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.6 (Read 4011 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.6

Hi,
Today I've installed fb2k 0.6, but it crashes sometimes at the end of playing particular mp3 files (maybe it crashes between switching to another song?). I'am using kernel streaming on WinXP+SBLive+kX Project drivers. Anyone else have similar problems? Beta versions were playing these mp3 files without any problems.
Regards.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #1
Can you upload a sample MP3 somewhere?
Does it happen with DirectSound?

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #2
Hi, it isn't very on-topic but I've been hearing quite alot about people using kX drivers. Why? I'm using the sbLive drivers for my card, what adventage does kX add, sound quality? Anything else? Or is it only more complete control over the soundcard?

Thanks.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #3
Hi, it isn't very on-topic but I've been hearing quite alot about people using kX drivers. Why? I'm using the sbLive drivers for my card, what adventage does kX add, sound quality? Anything else? Or is it only more complete control over the soundcard?

Thanks.

I would suggest you to read kX online help, especially FAQ section.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #4
Just did (I'm multitasking :P); Read the section wtih the obvious question, however, got one more Q, should I uninstall the sbLive drivers first? and on a more realistic note, should I expect better quality? Another thing that bothers me is the lack of Direct3d support (I'm also gaming abit) would this be a problem.

Thanks.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #5
Just did (I'm multitasking ); Read the section wtih the obvious question, however, got one more Q, should I uninstall the sbLive drivers first? and on a more realistic note, should I expect better quality? Another thing that bothers me is the lack of Direct3d support (I'm also gaming abit) would this be a problem.

Thanks.

This really isn't a place to discuss the kX-related stuff (this is), but, I will answer them anyway (and a moderator will probably split thread then).
1. You should uninstall SB Live! drivers before installing kX
2. You should expect more effects, more music making/listening features
3. DirectSound3D is software emulated up to 6 channels.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #6
Thanks, sorry for OT'ing.

foobar2000 0.6

Reply #7
Can you upload a sample MP3 somewhere?

I can upload to my server, but file is about 12MB but my upload (12k) is saturated all the time. Here is link: REMOVED
Does it happen with DirectSound?

Yes  I've tried DS, KS, AISO. foobar crashes at the end of the file
UPDATE:
I have deleted some mp3, but not updated my playlist. foobar crashed when tried to open these files
UPDATE2:
After clean install everything works fine. I guess were some problems with config file.
Regards.