Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC vs MP4 , which better ? (Read 10812 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC vs MP4 , which better ?

hi,i'm new here and this is first post ever in hydrogenaudio.my question is which one better? AAC ( MPEG-4 Part 3 ) or MP4 ( MPEG-4 Part 14 ) ?

Reply #1
MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) is the container that should be used to store AAC  streams.

Reply #3
aac, mp4, m4a, m4b, m4v, m4p,....

They all use an AAC encoder. Quality only depends on which encoder is used (like Apple AAC or Nero AAC). The filetype itself is just a package for the encoded audio.

Reply #4
For simplicity's sake: its all the same.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #5
ok,i understand now,all are just same.thanks for all

end of story 

Reply #7
Well, the question was which was better: AAC or MP4.

The long answer is that MP4 is a container that stores data; that data is encoded in AAC.  The container does not affect the quality of the data, and is not an encoding format, so AAC cannot be compared with MP4 in such a fashion.  Think of MP4 as a box and AAC as what's inside  .