Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS & AC3 via SPDIF to Amplifier ?! (Read 3449 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS & AC3 via SPDIF to Amplifier ?!

Hiya,

I am rather new to all of this.. but have gotten the following to work:

----------------------------------------------------------
With "WASAPI: Digital Output Device (SPDIF)" as output module:
* DTS -> spdif -> amplifier at 44.1 kHz (named .wav)

With "DS: Digital Output Device (SPDIF)" as output module:
* DTS -> spdif -> amplifier at 48 kHz (named .dts)
* AC3 -> spdif -> amplifier at 48 kHz

With "DS: Digital Output Device (SPDIF)" as output module
and "Allow playback at 48kHz for files recorded at 44,1kHz":
* DTS -> spdif -> amplifier at 44.1 kHz with increased speed (+10% pitch) (named .dts)

I could not test AC3 -> spdif -> amplifier at 44.1 kHz as I have no such file.
----------------------------------------------------------

My OS is Vista 64bit and I use Foobar 0.9.5.6 with foo_spdif 1.3 and foo_out_wasapi 1.2

The problem I would like to have help with is that I have to switch output device manually to be able to play both 44,1kHz DTS and 48kHz DTS/AC3.
Are there any way to put all these different types in one playlist so that foobar automatically change sampling rate on the spdif stream to my amplifier?
The amplifier automatically switches between AC3 and DTS when I switch between them in 48k.

Thanks in advance for any responses and for developing the programs and plug-ins..

/ Sazzily