Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4575406 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #8150
I just tried and it works in that case with a new install, but I might as well stop listening to music entirely if I can't use my layout. With my health issues, it would be too much of an undertaking for me to rebuild it.

It is working perfectly on 1.x then it stops working properly in 2.x. What would cause that? And why would it be empty then suddenly populate upon changing the caption or hidden status?

*Edit*
Is there some new setting I might be missing in 2.x that was added?
I tried removing all folders from my library then re-adding them. They showed up, but upon restarting the program it wouldn't populate again.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #8151
Ha! Okay, I just installed all the other components I'm using with no configurations and without my Columns UI profile, and everything disappeared again! It has to be one of the components.

Reply #8152
I started uninstalling components one by one from the fresh portable install, and the library started working again when I uninstalled foo_playcount_2003. There seems to be some kind of incompatibility or bad interaction between Playcount 2003 and Album List Panel 2.x.

I also updated my primary install to Album List Panel 2.x, and it stopped working as usual, but then it started working again when I uninstalled just foo_playcount_2003.

*Edit*
I also tried a fresh install with ONLY Columns UI, Album List Panel, and Playcount 2003, and it has the same behavior.

Reply #8153
Well that's interesting.  :))

edit: well **** knows how I've got it so wrong. It was largely based on the same code from my old foo_lastfm_playcount_sync component and that doesn't break anything. I have some debugging to do. I'm very sorry to you and anyone else affected by that.

edit2: even my JScript Panel 3 component contains very similar code for database storage. But users have to write scripts to populate data rather than plays being logged by the component itself.

Reply #8154
It's not much of an issue for me. I'll just stay on version 1.x of Album List Panel for now. Thanks for looking into it, and thanks for your help getting to the bottom of this!

Reply #8155
I've isolated the problem already. It has nothing to do with my underlying use the fb2k provided database stuff which is the real guts of the component. Thankfully that is fine.

The problem is my code for setting my own added field akin to what foo_playcount does but I'm obviously doing it very wrong.

Reply #8157
Most likely this is another question that has already been covered in this subforum.

I have a portable installation of fb2k that has Columns UI in it. That Columns UI set up has custom buttons in the fb2k toolbar.

The links to those custom buttons are apparently absolute. So if the parent directories name is changed, or if the parent directories location is changed, the links to the custom buttons are broken, and thereby the buttons do not display.

Is there any way to make the links to the Columns UI custom buttons relative in a portable installation?

Added on edit:

The same question can be asked of the "Stub image path". Any way to make that a relative link?

Reply #8158
Most likely this is another question that has already been covered in this subforum.

I have a portable installation of fb2k that has Columns UI in it. That Columns UI set up has custom buttons in the fb2k toolbar.

The links to those custom buttons are apparently absolute. So if the parent directories name is changed, or if the parent directories location is changed, the links to the custom buttons are broken, and thereby the buttons do not display.

Is there any way to make the links to the Columns UI custom buttons relative in a portable installation?

Added on edit:

The same question can be asked of the "Stub image path". Any way to make that a relative link?

I don't use portable, but I have installed my stuff with different users with different usernames on their systems.

There is an environment variable that points to the correct folder.

Depending on where you want to address it you will need:

PSS   %ps_user_profile_path%      no slash
ELP   %el_user_profile_path%      no slash

fb2k   %fb2k_profile_path%      has slash at the end

JSP3   fb.ProfilePath         has slash at the end
example: var configPath = fb.ProfilePath + 'cui-configs\\Defender\\';

EDIT: Does not work in Preferences\Display\Album Art definitions. These fields only accept plain text (wildcards accepted though) and no titleformat stuff.

Reply #8159
@Defender I was typing the below while you posted. I will go ahead and post what I typed anyway.

Disregard the above post and question.

For some reason the custom buttons are now displaying when the parent directories location or name has been changed, whereas before the buttons were not displaying.

If I find out the sequence that caused the buttons to not display I might repost the question later.

I think it might have something to do with my having saved a copy of a portable installation to a zip file, and later when I unzipped that portable installation to use it, the links to the custom buttons for some reason no longer worked, and I had to reload the toolbar buttons from a saved .fcl file.

Reply #8160
I know I've asked about something similar but quite different in the past (viewing two different playlists at once), but would it be difficult to make a Columns UI Queue Viewer which inherits/shows the same columns as the playlist view? The reason I ask is because I have my playback queue lined up just below my playlist view, and any time I change my playlist columns it gets misaligned, and it's very tedious to realign everything. Additionally, it's not feasible to display all of the same columns in the old queue viewer as I have in the playlist. I understand if it is too much for me to ask for, but I have to ask anyway because it is the only thing I am not happy with in my current layout.

Reply #8161
I made a column in playlist view for %rating%, but it only displays for the currently playing/selected track.

Reply #8162
I made a column in playlist view for %rating%, but it only displays for the currently playing/selected track.

You must attach the rating column script and a screenshot of your screen with the track playing.