Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to bulk copy from my %rating% field to the %rating% of playback statistics? (Read 2510 times) previous topic - next topic

How to bulk copy from my %rating% field to the %rating% of playback statistics?

I have a custom %rating% field where I stored my rating (1 to 5)
sometimes followed by a "C" that means "better listened with headphones"
("cuffia" in Italian).

Now I'm thinking to add foo_playcount to my setup and I ask if I will be
able to copy in bulk all the numerical values from my rating tag (in the file) to the
rating tag of foo_playcount (in its db), with a masstagger script or anything else.

In a test copy of FB I tried a script like this:

Format value from other fields:
Destination filed name = RATING  \\ (I can't write "%rating%", I can only choose "RATING" from a list)
Formatting pattern = $meta(rating)

but it keeps writing on my rating field instead of into the playcount one.

Thanks.

Re: How to bulk copy from my %rating% field to the %rating% of playback statistics?

Reply #1
From the documentation of foo_playcount

Please note that foo_playcount takes over %rating%, %play_count%, and all other mappings corresponding to its native fields listed above, using these mappings to return the fields from its own database rather than from files themselves. If you want to display such fields from the tags of files rather than from the database, use $meta(rating) and so on in your title-formatting. This behavior has changed in version 3.0: previous versions would fall back to reading the field from the file's tags when the corresponding field was not present in the database.

So as I understand it it would seem the component takes over %rating% but if you still want to display the field value of the file itself you need to use $meta(rating).
Also, your masstagger script merely just replaces the value of the field RATING with its own value.
So it seems you don't need to do any bulk transfers. However the documentation also states %rating% is a 1 to 5 scale rating so I'm not sure if  it will just take over your ratings with the letter c in it or not. That's something you need to look out for perhaps.

Re: How to bulk copy from my %rating% field to the %rating% of playback statistics?

Reply #2
I understand that "takes over" means that wherever you have %rating% formatting,
the value from the playcount db will be shown INSTEAD of the value of the
%rating% field present in the file. To show that, you will have to use $meta(rating).

When you install foo_playcount, it doesn't automatically copy what you have
in the %rating% field written in the files into the %rating% field it has into
its own database so if you use simply %rating% you'll get an empty value.

So what I'm trying to do is to bulk copy all the numerical values from my
%rating% field to playcount one but unfortunately masstagger seems unable
to distinguish from the two rating fields. In fact the script I posted keeps writing
into the file field instead of the playcount one.

But I hope I overlooked something or there is some other way.

Thanks.

Reply #3
Try right click - Playback statistics - Inport statistics from file tags. Maybe it'll do the trick.

Reply #4
Try right click - Playback statistics - Inport statistics from file tags. Maybe it'll do the trick.
Do you know if there is a way to customize the import script?
Thanks.