Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible bug? (Read 4450 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible bug?

I've just been making all the underlying links on the foobar2000 FAQ page into WikiWords.

If you look at the page:

foobar2000 FAQ

All of the links except for the last one (All strings passed around are char*, how do I get unicode strings?) work.

In the source of the page (ie if you edit it). The link appears fine:

Code: [Select]
- `All strings passed around are char*, how do I get unicode strings?`__

__ UnicodeStrings

but.. when you view the page normally, the link becomes UnicodeStrings---- which (obviously) is a broken link because the page I made was called UnicodeStrings without the 4 dashes.

The problem appears to be related to the comments at the bottom of the page as if I add the word Test to the bottom of the page after this link (but before the comments) it puts the dashes after the word Test and the link works.

Any ideas?

Possible bug?

Reply #1
Not sure, though it should no longer be an issue since we're using Plone comments now instead of ZWiki comments.  The Plone comments are logically seperated from the actual page content now, which was not the case with ZWiki comments, so now there should be no more interaction between the two whatsoever.

Possible bug?

Reply #2
Ok great to hear. I've removed the comments that were on that page and re-posted the important one (yours about formatting) at the bottom.

I've also changed all the links to how I think you want them. Could you let me know if that is what you meant? If it is I can carry on adding. Otherwise I'm just going to be wasting my time formatting things wrong and end up reformatting them.. 

Possible bug?

Reply #3
I've also changed all the links to how I think you want them. Could you let me know if that is what you meant? If it is I can carry on adding. Otherwise I'm just going to be wasting my time formatting things wrong and end up reformatting them..  

Yes, so far that's the way I think we should be doing it.  It's definitely better than the way it was before.