Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chromecast Audio with Chord Mojo (Read 4889 times) previous topic - next topic

Chromecast Audio with Chord Mojo

I am playing music from my PC through a Chromecast Audio and to my Chord mojo DAC by Toslink connection. I am currently using the BubbleUPnP app on my phone to control this, however there is an issue with the volume control - the volume is still adjustable in BubbleUPnP even though I am just using the Chromecast to send a digital signal. Is there any way to make the Chromecast just send the original signal to the Mojo without volume being altered?

Re: Chromecast Audio with Chord Mojo

Reply #1
It's possible there is an app out there that doesn't expose the volume control settings.

Is it really that hard to just leave it at max though?

Reply #2
Good point, I will put volume to max. Thanks. The mojo sounds so much more involving than the Chromecast on its own.

Another question about bubbleUPnP if anyone can help - how do you stop it repeating an album or song when it gets to the end?

Reply #3
Good point, I will put volume to max. Thanks. The mojo sounds so much more involving than the Chromecast on its own.

You should probably read the Terms of Service, it's the link at the top of the page. Take special notice of #8.

Another question about bubbleUPnP if anyone can help - how do you stop it repeating an album or song when it gets to the end?

You should have Shuffle and Repeat controls on the Now Playing screen.

Reply #4
The Chromecast Audio is designed that way, so you can control the volume with the (Android) device. Works the same with the video Chromecast. Doesn't matter that the output is digital.

The "repeat" button to the right of the playback controls doesn't work?

Reply #5

You should probably read the Terms of Service, it's the link at the top of the page. Take special notice of #8.

Ah right. Like most people I never do double blind tests. I dont believe in them for audio to be honest. I'm happy for anybody to disagree with my opinions.

Reply #6
Ah right. Like most people I never do double blind tests. I dont believe in them for audio to be honest. I'm happy for anybody to disagree with my opinions.

That's like saying you "don't believe in science". It's not something that requires belief to exist, it just is. Similarly, double blind tests in audio show the reality of what a human can and cannot percieve. It does not work better or worse depending on how much you believe, it just works.

Reply #7
Ah right. Like most people I never do double blind tests. I dont believe in them for audio to be honest.
If you can't respect the rules please refrain from posting.

Reply #8
Ah right. Like most people I never do double blind tests.

Obviously, you are low on the reading comprehension thing, because to sign up here you had to agree to the Terms Of Service.

The one that applies to this situation is TOS 8.

"All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must -- to the best of their ability -- provide objective support for their claims. Acceptable means of support are double blind listening tests (ABX or ABC/HR) demonstrating that the member can discern a difference perceptually, together with a test sample to allow others to reproduce their findings. Graphs, non-blind listening tests, waveform difference comparisons, and so on, are not acceptable means of providing support.

Will you get banned for willfully breaking the terms of service?  You might not even be the first person this week to get locked out fr that reason.  Roll the dice as you will, but I don't recommend  trying to plead ignorance again, even though it is not all that disingenuous when you do it.