Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which version of lame to use? (Read 6338 times) previous topic - next topic

Which version of lame to use?

I am looking to download lame from RareWares.  There are 3.97 beta 2 and 3.98 alpha 3.  Which version should I use?

Thanks!

Reply #1
I am looking to download lame from RareWares.  There are 3.97 beta 2 and 3.98 alpha 3.  Which version should I use?

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=363735"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should use 3.97b2 it's the recommended version.

Reply #2
3.97b2 is the recommended one.

Reply #4
Thanks!

Does the build take advantage of different types of cpu?

Reply #5
It does not.

Reply #6
It does. Lame is using mmx/3dnow/sse depending on available features.

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364272"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But of course, it has for many years now.
I thought the original poster's question was more along the lines of Hyperthreading/64-bit/DualCore support.

Reply #8
On the topic of LAME versions, I read on here recently that someone was using a '3.98a3-3' version of LAME. Will this just be the latest version from Rarewares?

Reply #9
Yeah.  Sorry that I did not make it clear.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364272"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
But of course, it has for many years now.
I thought the original poster's question was more along the lines of Hyperthreading/64-bit/DualCore support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364288"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Reply #10
I'm aiming this at Gabriel more than anyone as he's the only person i can remember who delvelops LAME.  Are you planning support for Hyperthreading/64-bit/DualCore CPU's? This isn't a critisism or a wish list by any mean I just want to know what you guys are planning for the future [i hope i haven't offend the other developers by not remembering their names. but Gabriel's name always comes up in my mind for some reason and im so awful at remembering names  ].

Anyway I'm thankful that we all have dedicated people doing lame and also HA.org as you guys and i mean everyone has completely changed my perspective on lossy audio, i'm just sorry i can't as of now donate more. I don't give me money easily [call me tight or what you want LMAO] but if i enjoy something that i use often its worth contributing to  it, so thanks all again to everyone in HA for making this a unique forum to enjoy.

Alex [Doktor Lorenz]
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace. (Oscar Wilde)

Doktor Lorenz