Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [foo-playcount] Keeping track numbers in mind when sorting with %added (Read 5079 times) previous topic - next topic

[foo-playcount] Keeping track numbers in mind when sorting with %added

I am currently using a autoplaylist that sorts my library based on date added using:

%added% DURING LAST 1 WEEK SORT DESCENDING BY %added%

However, due to torrents usually not downloading albums in order of their track number, I often end up with this:

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
Hi,

try this:

Code: [Select]
%added% DURING LAST 1 WEEK SORT DESCENDING BY "$date(%added%)"

Greets

Reply #2
can I just say that I tried the above piece of code, and had no luck. I have the same 'issue'. Would appreciate some sort of solution for it, although I'm not sure there is. If you download a torrent the tracks arent going to complete in order, so they will be added in a random order.

Reply #3
The two scenarios where Bollerkopp's string will not always work: (1) you move an album to a monitored folder moments before midnight, so that tracks are added on two calendar days, (2) you monitor the output folder of your torrent app, so that Foobar adds each track as it completes. I assume you're doing the latter. If so, the solution is: don't do that. ;-)

Instead, monitor a different folder, say Done. In your torrent client, set completed torrents to be moved to Done. For example, in utorrent set "Prefs > Directories > Move completed downloads to" to Done. When the torrent completes, the album is moved to Done, Foobar adds it to the media library. Unless that happens at midnight, $date(%added%) should have the same date.

If your torrent client won't allow an automated move operation, then you'll have to copy the album manually to Done.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #4
The two scenarios where Bollerkopp's string will not always work: (1) you move an album to a monitored folder moments before midnight, so that tracks are added on two calendar days, (2) you monitor the output folder of your torrent app, so that Foobar adds each track as it completes. I assume you're doing the latter. If so, the solution is: don't do that. ;-)

Instead, monitor a different folder, say Done. In your torrent client, set completed torrents to be moved to Done. For example, in utorrent set "Prefs > Directories > Move completed downloads to" to Done. When the torrent completes, the album is moved to Done, Foobar adds it to the media library. Unless that happens at midnight, $date(%added%) should have the same date.

If your torrent client won't allow an automated move operation, then you'll have to copy the album manually to Done.

This won't work for me as almost all my torrent activity that related to Foobar is done via RSS feeds, where the client automatically downloads new content via a tracker's RSS feed.

My torrent client is uTorrent 2.2.1, if you know of a way to automatically move auto downloaded content, please let me know.

Reply #5

This won't work for me as almost all my torrent activity that related to Foobar is done via RSS feeds, where the client automatically downloads new content via a tracker's RSS feed.

My torrent client is uTorrent 2.2.1, if you know of a way to automatically move auto downloaded content, please let me know.

Utorrent > Options > Preferences > Directories

Put New Downloads in: C:/Downloads/New
Move Completed Downloads to C:/Downloads/Completed

Reply #6
just a bump.. the 'done' directory system does not seem to work either!

Reply #7
Okay, I have it working with Facets. Get latest beta because it has more flexible autoplaylist features.

1) Create an autoplaylist with Facets using: %added% DURING LAST WEEK
(do not use the SORT DESCENDING option)
2) Go to File > Preferences > Media Library > Facets > Default Sort Order and enter:
$date(%added%)|[%artist%]|[%album%]|[%tracknumber%]|[%title%]
3) set utorrent to move completed torrents to a "done" folder
4) set Foobar to monitor the same "done" folder

The only caveat is that dates are sorted in ascending order. I'm pressed for time right now and don't immediately see a way to sort it in descending order. I'll be back with a solution (I hope) when I have a few spare minutes.

Reply #8
I don't see an elegant way to sort %added% in descending order, but this sort string works:

$sub($year(%added%),9999)|$sub($month(%added%),12)|$sub($day_of_month(%added%),31)|[%album artist%]|[%album%]|[%tracknumber%]|[%title%]

Reply #9
I was actually able to work with Bollerkopp's string, even though I skipped moving completed downloads to a new folder. Bollerkopp's string basically takes all the items downloaded in one day and displays them alphabetically according to the artist's name. It doesn't put the most recent download on top, but it's close enough. I added a simple string to my grouping which marks the date each album was downloaded, so it's easy for me to see when the current day ends and the previous day starts.

Reply #10
i worked around the problem like this:

query: %added% DURING LAST 3 DAYS SORT DESCENDING BY %added%
sort pattern: $sub(300000,$add($mul(100,$add($year(%added%),$month(%added%),$day_of_month(%added%))),$add($substr($time(%added%),0,2),$substr($time(%added%),4,5)))) - %ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

works reasonably well....