Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: winamp3 .ape plug-in not working (Read 5900 times) previous topic - next topic

winamp3 .ape plug-in not working

Reply #1
Originally posted by Jonny 2x4
I installed the one that "rjamorim" keeps on suggesting about 4509019874012974 times.

What in the holy fuck??

Damn... are you crazy or what?

Reply #2
the one that peter made... i thought it had .ape support

Reply #3
Peter stopped developing his ape Winamp 3 plugin a while ago, so if you are using the last one he made and you try to play an ape you made in Monkey's Audio 3.97, then it will not work.

Use Peter's "Winamp 2.x input plugin support" plugin to select and use the Winamp 2 Monkey's Audio plugin that comes with Monkey's Audio.  It should be located in the plugin folder inside the Winamp 2 folder.

If you dont have Winamp 2 installed.  Just go to the Monkey's Audio folder on your computer and open the Winamp 2 plugin installer.  Then install the Winamp 2 plugin even though you don't have Winamp 2 installed.  It will make a folder where winamps plugin folder would be and install the files there.  Just go move the files it installed into any folder you'd like and delete the Winamp folder it made.  Finaly, go use Peter's "Winamp 2.x input plugin support" plugin to selcet the files, wherever you moved them, and you'll be able to listen to all your ape's in Winamp 3.

That's what I do, and it works perfectly.