Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425566 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #150
Deskband Controls v 0.3.3

Changelog:
   - Context menu "Open containing folder" fix for file names with comma in path
   - Fix for trackbars drawing bug on classic themes

Download: Link 1 Link 2

Reply #151
Hi eldarien, thx for quick update. Now it works great!
For me it was most wanted plugin since i've stopped using litestep.

Reply #152
Hello,
Is there any way to get it to display nothing when there's no playback?  (ie, when Windows is first started, and when playback is stopped)

Reply #153
Hi aeidein. Deskband is invisible when foobar is not loaded. Are you using outdated version? ;-)

Reply #154
Hi aeidein. Deskband is invisible when foobar is not loaded. Are you using outdated version? ;-)

ah, you're right.

I was also referring to when foobar is started and playback has not begun, and Deskband shows "[Stopped]" and the seekbar/volume bar.  Would it be possible to have Deskband be invisible when foobar is stopped?  or even when it is paused?

Thanks for a great component!  This is my preferred setup:
http://i.imgur.com/oH5mk.jpg
Code: [Select]
Text1: %artist%' - '%title% '('%album%')'    $crlf() $repeat(' ',90) $repeat($char(9733),%rating%)  
0/6/400/none
Text2: %playback_time% $repeat(' ',50) %playback_time_remaining%
0/21/300
Seekbar: 30/26/140
Volume: 222/26/34

Reply #155
Would it be possible to have Deskband be invisible when foobar is stopped?  or even when it is paused?

Of course it is possible, but I think such behavior may be quite confusing. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

Reply #156
Would it be possible to have Deskband be invisible when foobar is stopped?  or even when it is paused?

Of course it is possible, but I think such behavior may be quite confusing. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

I agree, quite confusing indeed.
If you decide to add it, please keep it only an option.

Reply #157
Or you can refuse implementing confusing, senseless and excentric features.

Reply #158

Thanks.  My reason is I often leave foobar running in the background, and would prefer the display to be hidden when there's nothing to display (ie nothing's playing).  Sorry if it seems frivolous; I completely understand if you choose not to implement it.  Thanks for reading.

Reply #159
First of all, aeidin, thank you for recommending this plugin to me!!

Secondly, thank you eldarien for the absolutely perfect plugin I was looking for! This is fantastic. Thank you so much for your work.

Reply #160
GreenFloyd: you are welcome

Deskband Controls v 0.4

Changelog:
   - "Hide if not playing" option
   - Custom icons support
   - Custom color for texts and trackbars (this is for non-aero themes and XP)

Reply #161
Wow, this is great, thanks! I've been thinking something like this would be cool for a while now, just reinstalled windows and was setting foobar back up and saw this when looking for plugins. It's definitely the coolest/most useful extension I've seen so far. Thanks again.

Reply #162

win7 sp1 x64 foo v1.1.11

Reply #163
meDveD.spb: This picture shows that your config is incorrect. Fix it by hand or delete your config file (it is located at C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\foo_deskband_controls.dll.cfg).
Or did you want to ask something else?

Reply #164
GreenFloyd: you are welcome

Deskband Controls v 0.4

Changelog:
   - "Hide if not playing" option
   - Custom icons support
   - Custom color for texts and trackbars (this is for non-aero themes and XP)

Amazing, thanks so much!

Reply #165
Amazing plugin, works good on Win7x64. Thank you very much!! 

Reply #166
Any idea why this appears when I start foobar for the first time (after a boot)?

Reply #167
Any idea why this appears when I start foobar for the first time (after a boot)?

Uncheck "Auto show/hide" in deskband preferences - it is almost invisible without foobar opened anyway. This is a security dialog added in Windows Vista for  deskbands that want to autoshow themselfs.

Reply #168

Uncheck "Auto show/hide" in deskband preferences - it is almost invisible without foobar opened anyway. This is a security dialog added in Windows Vista for  deskbands that want to autoshow themselfs.

Thanks, it's not visible at all!

Reply #169
Furthermore, on Windows7 x64, if you enable "Auto/show hide" and "Hide if not playing" explorer.exe crashes sometimes.
So it's better to uncheck the two options

Reply #170
BTW: works good on Windows 8 too 

Reply #171
Hi eldarien,
Still enjoying the component very much and using it all the time.
A small request, though - since you already know how to detect RTL languages (Hebrew for example) and scroll the text accordingly, would it be possible to also automatically align text to the right in such case?
Thanks, Adam.

Reply #172
Hi Adam. I guess it's not that hard to do, I'll take a look at weekend.

Reply #173
Still enjoying this great component

Hope you don't mind me asking, but would it be difficult to implement an option to set the level of text transparency?

Thanks again for a great component.

Reply #174
I think this is a great plugin but it doesn't work on my system.
I have  it installed  and activated. Look at the screenshot:

[a href="http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/2888/jnqb7k64_png.htm" target="_blank"]

My operating system is Windows 7 64bit and my foobar version is v1.1.11.

Thanks for your help.