Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1 (Read 200949 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component: version 3.0.1

Reply #300
Where is the "write statistics to file tags" option?

Reply #301
Found it! Had to go to Foobar preferences, then enable the option in the context menu.

I selected a track that I had tagged using the playback statistics component, and selected "write statistics to file tags". I then looked in JRiver, and the rating did not show there! I tried re-importing the album but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Reply #302
Perfect, thank you! (:

EDIT:
ok, my joy was a bit too soon... when using with foo_last_fm radio it still tries to update tags ("path" to file in that case is FOO_LASTFM_RADIO://play.last.fm/user/<id>.mp3LASTFM ) - could it be also fixed? (:

Bump?
Could it be that only local files are updated and anything other is left be?

Another year, another *bump*?

Reply #303
Hi Peter, I must thank you for the plugin and it works fairly well till now.
However, there are a few points for suggestion:

1. Let there be an option to link the statistics info to the file name only; I mainly use mp3tag to edit the ID3 and the playback statistics are always then lost. The "index-data" file also does not appear to be too reliable as I have lost my statistics so many times due to unexpected crash of foobar or some other reasons.

2. Let it be allowed to export a backup of the full set of playback statistics in a human-readable language (which can be imported subsequently); currently in the XML file I see some hex codes but have no idea which file each entry is representing. A file as simple as .csv or .txt will also do.

Thanks.

Reply #304
1. Let there be an option to link the statistics info to the file name only; I mainly use mp3tag to edit the ID3 and the playback statistics are always then lost. The "index-data" file also does not appear to be too reliable as I have lost my statistics so many times due to unexpected crash of foobar or some other reasons.

This only addresses the 2nd part of (1): but this might help:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=68528

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #305
I have 3 scripts that update $META(RATING) to 1, 2, and 3 via keyboard shortcuts.  Is there a way to set the Playback Statistics Rating to the same value in the same script?    That would ensure the file tag Rating doesn't change when a "Write statistics to file tags" is done to update playcount, first_played, & last_played.

Reply #306
I can't speak as to the scripts you use, but using %rating% writes to the Playback Statistics database whereas $meta(rating) accesses files' metadata ratings.

Reply #307
They are Masstagger scripts created under "Manage scripts".    Each script is then tied to a keyboard shortcut like Alt+F1 sets $META(RATING) to '1',  Alt+F2 sets $META(RATING) to '2', etc.    Masstagger doesn't let me add another action to the script by specifying the Playback Statistics %rating% as a field - is that because it is designed only to act on file tags?  In Keyboard shortcuts it is possible to map a key to "Set Playback Statistics rating" to a value, but that ends up being a keyboard action separate from executing the Masstagger script.  I am looking for a way to do both at once, with one script or one key.  At first I was hoping to incorporate them both into a Masstagger script, but if that is not possible then via one keyboard shortcut would be ok.  However it looks like you cannot define multiple actions under one key definition, although it appears to allow multiple definitions for the same key, with one action in each.    I have not had success with that method though, it executed the Masstagger script key action and doesn't execute the Playback Stat rating key action.

Reply #308
I don't use Masstagger so I can't help you there. Unless for some reason the ratings you wish to set differ (for some odd reason), why not just use %rating% to rate your files, then export them to your metadata tags?

Reply #309
That thought crossed my mind, but that makes it a two-step process instead of one to rate one song, which is done on a song-by-song basis and can change from a user's whim as opposed to periodic and scheduled syncing the rest of the Playback Statistics to large groups of files' tags.    I'm with the others that feel that statistical information like last-played / first played / playcounts are not in the same ballpark as the song Rating and a facility should be in place (wish list) to sync only %rating% and $META(RATING), in either direction.    Otherwise how can you bring a $META(RATING) that was set in another Fb2k or another software into %rating% without corrupting the PS  first played / last played / playcount?

Reply #310
My foobar shows ? signs if there is no %rating_stars_fixed%. How do I fix that?
http://puu.sh/1G6a1
Also how can I make it changeable inside column?

Reply #312
is there any way to (easily) change the play count, i.e. via context menu or something, if the play count is only stored in the database?
i suppose i could 'import from tag', but this is not the best option in my opinion - the files would get changed, which is not great if i constantly play music and back up my collection

if there is no way, then please consider this a feature proposal

Reply #313
similar to what others suggested I wantto edit last_played, preferably to the database

I use a foo_skip query like this
NOT ((%rating% IS 5 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 2 WEEKS) OR (%rating% IS 4 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS) OR (%rating% IS 3 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 20 WEEKS) OR (%rating% IS 2 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 100 WEEKS)  OR (%rating% IS 1 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 1000 WEEKS) OR (%rating% MISSING AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 20 WEEKS))

it basically skips all recently played songs for which it uses last_played
the problem is that I have to listen up to one minute without ff to set the last played tag
Edit: It would help if i could set the trigger to change last _played from 1 minute to a few seconds

Reply #314
Okay I searched far and wide and I'm stuck.
I'm creating new Foobar config, changing from my old one made using Columns UI to utilize the new Default UI. And I cant get over one problem: 5 star rating, everywhere. Really? Is there no way to get different rate scale? I was always using 10* scale and I don't want to change that. I was able to add new column to show the rating value, but for now the only way to rate a track is through manually adding a tag, which isn't the best option I believe. Foobar was always great in terms of customization, one could do almost anything with it. Why now I see everyone being "conformists" with that rating system? Or am I blind and I do not see some obvious solution?

Reply #315
Hello Peter,

Are there any plans to add options for update timing (eg. update after x seconds/percentage has been played)? I still use the unofficial component solely for this feature.

I do really need this as well!

+1

I would very much like this as well. On a related note, I'm not exactly sure at what point in the file Playback Statistics updates the info...does it have to play the entire file?
Other than that, thanks very much!

Reply #316
... I'm not exactly sure at what point in the file Playback Statistics updates the info...does it have to play the entire file?

After 60 seconds or at end-of-file, whichever comes first.

Reply #317
... I'm not exactly sure at what point in the file Playback Statistics updates the info...does it have to play the entire file?

After 60 seconds or at end-of-file, whichever comes first.

It should be noted that those 60 seconds do not have to be consecutive or nonrepetitive. You can skip ahead or back, for example, and as long as 60 seconds of playback have elapsed for the track, it will be marked as having been played.

Reply #318
Using foobar2000 v1.2.5 and Playback Statistics v3.0.2 I notice for the first time a second file (size: 1 KB) that is created in the folder index-data when I exit f2k.

Is this okay?

I am just asking because the file's content always seems to be a succession of noughts (hexadecimal viewed), but perhaps the file's name is the relevant part here?
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #319
You didn't say what name it is. Lyrics3 saves association data as an index-data file named 188A64AA-6C1B-4AC9-990A-067CD016F72C. If its not that, I can't help, but may be other plug-ins also use this method.

Reply #320
The file's name is A0E37853-491D-4659-A509-F409BE0A9BF4

I just installed f2k v1.2.5 in portable mode and added no other plugin than foo_playcount v3.0.2: Closing foobar2000 does not create another file in the index-data directory.

At the moment I cannot say by what this additional file is caused; I will need some time to investigate. I don't use Lyrics3 but as you say it might be another plugin; this had not come into my mind when I wondered about the origin of that A0E37853-491D-4659-A509-F409BE0A9BF4-file.

So thank you very much for your hint, WilB.

Reply #321
At the moment I cannot say by what this additional file is caused; I will need some time to investigate. I don't use Lyrics3 but as you say it might be another plugin; this had not come into my mind when I wondered about the origin of that A0E37853-491D-4659-A509-F409BE0A9BF4-file.

AFAIK it's foo_dumb

Reply #322
Sorry for any confusion I may be responsible for:

A simple search for the file's name would have revealed that the file A0E37853-491D-4659-A509-F409BE0A9BF4 belongs to foo_dumb which I recently updated.

@ moderators: perhaps you want to move this to the Recycle Bin?

EDIT: lvqcl, thank you, you are right and you posted faster than I.

Reply #323
Hi. There have been multiple posts about this issue in the past, and i didn't found any valid answer. Is there a reliable way to reset/change the "date added" value for an album/track. If not, this is a feature that should be added.

I've just added a few albums to my collection today, and the date added for those albums' tracks show various values ranging from 2 weeks ago to now (with multiple values for a single album)  As a result, my "recently added" search returns messy results.

I've tried resetting the entire statistics for those track (as date added was the only stat at that point) but that didn't work. I've read date added is not touched by the reset function.
So i went another way, i wrote the stats to the tags, so i could see where and how the date is recorded. I found that the tag is called "ADDED_TIMESTAMP" and uses a timestamp format (thus the issues encountered by users trying to force a YYYY-MM-DD value). I copied the timestamp from a track that shows the correct "date added" value and update the ADDED_TIMESTAMP tags of all tracks so they now all have the right value. Then i used "import statistics from tags", but that didn't work. Date added are still left untouched.

Reply #324
It seems that foo_playcount 3.0.2 and foo_playcount 2.1.9 handle the first 60 seconds of playback differently:
  • v2.1.9 : During playback I can jump back as often as I want to the beginning of a file as long as I do that within the first 60 seconds: The %play_count% number won't be raised.
  • v3.0.2 : Jumping back after the first e.g. 30 seconds of a file have been played, %play_count% is raised by one, as soon as the first 30 seconds of the file have been passed the second time.
I wanted to mention this in case it isn't supposed to do that. Also, the former behaviour was more suitable for me.