Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_tabs (Read 244268 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #50
Reset sidebar does nothing... :/

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #51
Try now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251794"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Works just fine now

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #52
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251795"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have something like 'Autohide Sidebar' enabled?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #53
i mean how the picture is put there
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to:
foobar2000\components\foo_looks\
And replace 'lookversion.png' by your own 'no cover' picture 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251426"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jkwarras, i think that dano actually meant "how did you make it appear in this place within foobar interface?", not "how do you change the default foo_looks "no cover" picture to sth different?"

so, how did you accomplish that? share your secret plz
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry to go off topic (moderator please feel free to move/split this).

1) Create a 'fake' album list or database explorer panel like this (or put it where you want: sidebar, ....):
[a href="http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarrasfakecover.png]http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarrasfakecover.png[/url]
2) Use the SeeThroughCover look (foo_look) and put it on top of this 'fake' panel. You're done.

How do you get the panels to be so big when you add them to the toolbar (where you have the album list and database explorer panels). When I add them they are always just one character high

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #54
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251795"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have something like 'Autohide Sidebar' enabled?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251797"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nope...only enable and show sidebar.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #55
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251800"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you see the playlist switcher on the left side?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #56
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251800"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you see the playlist switcher on the left side?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251801"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see nothing on left side :F

edit: I just re-installed foobar and it works now..thanks for your help anyway!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #57
How do you get the panels to be so big when you add them to the toolbar (where you have the album list and database explorer panels). When I add them they are always just one character high
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251798"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know, I was using the previous version of foo_ui_tabs and also noticed that the height was higher than one character high. Strange, because with the current version this happens again (I mean, right now the height is always one character high).

For the album list panel you can select a minimum height under preferences.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #58
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251798"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know, I was using the previous version of foo_ui_tabs and also noticed that the height was higher than one character high. Strange, because with the current version this happens again (I mean, right now the height is always one character high).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251808"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Before the previous update I was experimenting with minimum heights, and some of that code found its way into the dll I uploaded. I never meant to release it like that, and you must have been quick, because I'm pretty sure I removed it and uploaded again only a few mins later.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #59
and you must have been quick, because I'm pretty sure I removed it and uploaded again only a few mins later.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251952"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess I was really quick 

Any chances to get that feature soon or it was only an experiment?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #60
since the tree in my album list panel is getting longer and longer, and thus it is quite difficult to browse it effectively and comfortably, it just occured to me that it would be really useful to have a search field under (or above ) the album list panel, called, let's say "search in album list". i can imagine the album tree shrinking in real time, as i type my query.

do you think it is possible to implement such a feature? would you find it useful?

PS.
oh, you could even have three search fields:
-find in artist
-find in album
-find in song title
and use the one that suits you best
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #61
it would be really useful to have a search field under (or above ) the album list panel, called, let's say "search in album list". i can imagine the album tree shrinking in real time, as i type my query.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should request it to an appropiate developper (not here at foo_uie_tabs) 

OT: I requested this [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=26475&hl=foo_playlistfind#]sometime ago[/url], something similar to foo_playlistfind but for albumlist, but Phi said that this should be implemented in the panel itself (in the albumlist panel).

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #62
Updated to version 0.1.4.

Note: This version breaks compatibility with the last one, so you'll need to add all of your tabs again.

Adds:
  • configurable minimum height
  • tab renaming
  • tab padding adjustment (affects overall tab size)

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #63
Updated to version 0.1.4.

Note: This version breaks compatibility with the last one, so you'll need to add all of your tabs again.

Adds:

• tab renaming

• tab padding adjustment (affects overall tab size)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253724"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just tried this new version. I noticed that tabbed panels (others than album list) are lost when closing down and restarting Foobar.

Any idea ?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #64
I just tried this new version. I noticed that tabbed panels (others than album list) are lost when closing down and restarting Foobar.

Any idea ?

Same happens here.

I tried resetting sidebar and adding some tabs (Playlist switcher, Album list and History) then restarted it, there was only an album list tab left.
After some testing, it seems it can only remember Album list panel and Visualisation panel, the other panels are gone after restart on my system.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #65
Adds:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253724"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #66
Grrr. Stupid bug I introduced because I can't help but fiddle with code just before releasing it. 
Fixed now.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #67
Grrr. Stupid bug I introduced because I can't help but fiddle with code just before releasing it.  
Fixed now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253778"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Works fine now !

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #68
where can i rename a tab? (if this means renaming the caption, e.g. from "Database Explorer" to "DB Expl" to have a shorter string

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #69
where can i rename a tab? (if this means renaming the caption, e.g. from "Database Explorer" to "DB Expl" to have a shorter string
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253784"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Right click on a tab and select "Rename tab..."

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #70
Thanks for making such a useful plugin. 

Request:
Could you make it an option to center tab names?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #71

Request:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253792"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You mean they're not already centered? Or would you like them to be left/right aligned? Unfortunately I have no control over that, so you're stuck with whichever way Windows decides to draw them.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #72

Request:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253792"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You mean they're not already centered? Or would you like them to be left/right aligned? Unfortunately I have no control over that, so you're stuck with whichever way Windows decides to draw them.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=253800"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Nah, after a closer look, it appears they can't really make up their mind. Some seems to be left aligned, and some centered.

I use width=4 and height=3 to make it as small as possible, but when I increase width to e.g. 30, all looks close to centered.

But, this is not a major problem at all. I'll probably leave it as is, or maybe add some padding before the name if I feel really pedantic.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #73
We have a couple of new, great panels, foo_uie_trackinfo and foo_uie_albumart, that can be added as tabs. Some users in the foo_uie_trackinfo thread have requested that a cover art display option be added to that panel. However, Phi has said he doesn't have plans to add that feature at the moment. That got me thinking.    Is it feasible that somehow foo_uie_tabs could be made so that it is possible to load more than one panel in a single tab? Then both foo_uie_trackinfo and foo_uie_albumart could be displayed in a single tab. Another example: I have an album list view that displays tracks by date and an album list view that displays tracks by decade. It would be cool if I could load both of them into a single tab rather than having a separate tab for each view.

Thanks!

Rob

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #74
I like rocketsauce's "shared tab" idea. 

I personally like to split the sidebar in two and have the playlist switcher in the upper part, and this pluing in the lower. That gives enough vertical space for tabs like "album list", but at the same time alot more than needed for others. Sharing between "track info" and "albumart" would be the most important usage though.