Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_effect (Read 249118 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_dsp_effect

Reply #475
Added 0.47 which adds the tags anyway. I did the same for Playback Rate Shift. Figured I was in MSVC anyway, so might as well do it now.

Reply #476
What can I say...Huge thankss :)
Btw I read a few months ago that you had some health problems, so take care, I wish you good health and good luck

Reply #477
I did.

Now that they are being treated, I am in general taking things very differently to how things are handled. For instance, to lower stress, only really doing coding on weekends. And not doing any real tech support for anything I make anymore.

Reply #478
Hello! If you will be considering features requests again, can you please add ability to manually enter gain for IIR filter with granularity to 0.1 dB?

Reply #479
At some point, I wanted to add the same configurable things that the pitch/tempo/playback rate dialogs have with the custom edit control I added for manually entering values, to all the other DSP dialogs. I guess I should do that, though as always there is no ETA for when that happens.

I seen in the new SDK there is helpers for dynamically resizing controls (to allow for resizable dialog boxes with all their controls in proportion, like the EQ DSP has). Would be nice to *finally* add resizable DSP dialogs too.

Reply #481
Very cool, thanks mudlord!

Reply #482
TYVM, Appreciated!

Reply #483
Awesome work, Another leach i am asking for more features but is it possible to have a reset values to default option.
or Maybe even a few "bookmarks" or something.... maybe in the future.

Thanks for the awesome DSP Pack

Reply #484
Sorry for late reply.

In my current reworking of...all the dialogs to be resizable among other things, that is definately an easy request to do while I'm at it.

AFAIK the main problems people had were the DSP UI elements not being resizable. With some new helpers in the new 1.6 FB2K SDK, that is much, much easier to now add.

Reply #485
hi. any directory where all the older versions of this dsp are archived? For my own personal backup. Thank you. Especially because I sometimes like to have access to the old dynamics compressor for a more squashed sound.

Reply #486
hi. any directory where all the older versions of this dsp are archived? For my own personal backup. Thank you. Especially because I sometimes like to have access to the old dynamics compressor for a more squashed sound.
What old version are you looking for?  I can supply  .43/.44/.45.

Reply #487
There used to be an archive on Modland with foobar components. I remember in the past being a Japanese wiki for said backups too. I could readd it as well as a seperate DSP entry for the de-emphasis DSP too. I might keep the de-emphasis stuff as not driven by post-processors, though, since some people disliked that.

At the moment there is a fairly significant rewrite which has no ETA, but I guess I could readd it as well as the missing stuff.

Reply #488
Any idea how i can imbed the pop up into my foobar main screen?

Reply #489
At some point, I wanted to add the same configurable things that the pitch/tempo/playback rate dialogs have with the custom edit control I added for manually entering values, to all the other DSP dialogs. I guess I should do that, though as always there is no ETA for when that happens.

6 years ago I asked for a pitch control available in the toolbar (so with keyboard shortcuts capability).
It's sure a pain if anyone claim his favorite tool available in the Toolbar for convenience but... :-)

Reply #490
Yeah it is.

I kinda do my own programming bullshit for me and me only. I only really implement feature requests and things in my own software if I see a personal benefit to their use.

Its outlined on my GitHub page.

Its been like that for many years and why things like progress have been so glacial. I only do bullshit when I want to, and if I care enough to implement said features. If people don't like that, they are more than welcome to fork the component, but I really don't want to know about said forks to begin with.

Reply #491
foobar2000 mobile and pc version cannot speed control, your dsp effect plugin cannot install in mobile, tell me how to tempo shift 95% in foobar2000 mobile?

Reply #492
Hi,

is there any possibility to include your effects into my foobar2000-mobile? I love these effect-components to be used in my desktop-version, but sometimes I have to use foobar2000-mobile. But using foobar2000-mobile, I'm missing your effects.

Hope you can help me

André

Reply #494
Feature Request:

In the Pitch/Tempo/Playback Rate UI panel, allow for customisation of which controls are displayed.

Thank you, and thank you for this component.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #495
Feature Request:

also includes the metadata to pitch changing.

the meta data has to be "pitch_amt" with the amount of change as the exact number of semitones as a float.
Is there an equivalent for tempo change by metadata?  If not, please can I have one?

Reply #496
Feature Request:

also includes the metadata to pitch changing.

the meta data has to be "pitch_amt" with the amount of change as the exact number of semitones as a float.
Is there an equivalent for tempo change by metadata?  If not, please can I have one?

OK, belay that – I've just found this in the release notes:
0.47 current version, released on: 2021-03-20
Added "tempo_amt" metadata parsing for Tempo Shift. Enables setting the tempo per file through tags. Tempo Shift needs to be in the DSP chain before using. Values from -95.0 to 95.0 are acceptable.
I will experiment!

Reply #497
I need some help with this please:

In the config for TagBox, I set up a new field "Tempo Shift" defined as "tempo_amt".  In Playlist View, I added a column defined as "[%tempo_amt%]".  Using TagBox I then inserted "-10" into tempo_amt for a track, and this showed up in Playlist View.  So far so good.

But I haven't managed to make it play at tempo -10%.  I'm not sure what "DSP chain" means, but the Tempo Enable tick box is ticked in the Pitch/Tempo/Playback Rate panel, and File > Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager > Active DSPs lists "Tempo Shift" (and only that).

What have I not done or done wrong?

Reply #498
What have I not done or done wrong?

I have just found out the version of DSP Effect installed is 0.44, but I downloaded it on 8th July 2022 and the release notes say 0.47 was released on 20th March 2021, so now I have to find out why this isn't what I downloaded.

Reply #499
Have now been back to the components repository and discovered it says version 0.47.  The download is the same name as I downloaded before, but does not match in terms of content, and when installed has updated the register of components from 0.44 to 0.47, and now my tempo tag works!

Maybe somebody has updated the repository since 8th July?  Whatever, thanks very much!

Feature request: please could the tempo_amt setting be reflected in the control panel, so that (say) -5% appears as -5.00 in the tempo box and moves the slider the corresponding amount.