Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_stfu_mini (Read 4969 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_stfu_mini

The idea of this plugin is to create a small seekbar that appears over all other windows so that you can have some visual feedback of track progress while foobar2000 is minimised, and can be toggled using a global hotkey.

It more or less works, but there are a few behavioural things I want to change.

1) I'm trying to emulate the main foobar seekbar as much as possible. The two things that currently differ are that mine still has the default Windows trackbar behaviour when it comes to clicking to the sides of the tracker. (i.e. it jumps wildly). In the he main foobar seekbar the tracker will jump to the point where the mouse is and then move with the mouse until the button is released.

The other difference is the tool tip text is in seconds rather than mins:secs. I don’t know how to change the tool tip text.

Will these changes require a custom slider class or is it possible to make the standard one behave like that, and if so how?

2) When foobar is minimised, all its dialogs minimise too. I can find out when this is happening by watching out for the WM_SHOWWINDOW message but don’t seen to really be able to do much about it. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I’ve only tested it on win2k so far and don’t know how it will appear on XP or others.

[attachment=943:attachment]

foo_stfu_mini

Reply #1
2) When foobar is minimised, all its dialogs minimise too. I can find out when this is happening by watching out for the WM_SHOWWINDOW message but don’t seen to really be able to do much about it. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I’ve only tested it on win2k so far and don’t know how it will appear on XP or others.

[attachment=943:attachment]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236636"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

2. are you making that using createwindow, or a dialog?

looks find in xp i guess, doesnt have my theme though.

foo_stfu_mini

Reply #2
A dialog.

foo_stfu_mini

Reply #3
to 2

I think you arre adding your dialog to something called dialogmanager or something. If you do this then your dialog behaves the way the main foobar window does. So try removing these lines and add your own minimize/maximize behaviour.

(I'm not 100% sure about this, at the moment I have no access to the fobar200 SDK)

foo_stfu_mini

Reply #4
1) The seekbar in the default UI is a subclassed trackbar control. However, I don't know details about the implementation.

2) Registering you window with modeless_dialog_manager makes standard keyboard navigation in dialog windows work, i.e. tabbing to cycle through controls etc. To get a window that is not minimized when the main window is minimized, you should create it as a modeless dialog (so that you can access other foobar2000 UI features while it is shown) and use NULL as parent window. Is that what you wanted to know?

foo_stfu_mini

Reply #5
OK, thanks.

The NULL as parent window thing did the trick.