Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9 compatible lyric making plugin? (Read 4799 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9 compatible lyric making plugin?

Is there any? Thanks

Reply #1
foo_lyricsdb works perfectly. you will need a lyrics viewer like foo_uie_lyrics though.

Reply #2
foo_lyricsdb works perfectly.

If you're going to download a lyrics, that should be ok.

But what if you want to edit the lyrics? Or the lyrics is not available? You going to make your own, you need a lyrics maker for that...

I miss foo_lyricsmake that available for fb 0.83. The author seems to quit developing the plugin and no source available...

Reply #3
the latest plugin for lyrics allows to download lyrics and also to upload any missing lyrics. I uploaded maybe 10-15 lyrics so far.

Reply #5
you can edit it through the "LYRICS" tag

Well, I will concern about the editing while the song is playing, the plugin should able to retrieve the time stamp of current played song and mark the time stamp to the corresponding line of the lyrics with a single click or shotcut key.

Reply #6
I concur, it would be nice to at least get the venerable foo_lyricmake updated. I can't find a good tool to do time stamping at the moment: Minilyrics isn't free and Evillyrics refuses to support lrc/lrc8 files on copyright principle.  Unfortunately, I can't find any English pages with information about foo_lyricmake.

Reply #7

foo_lyricsdb works perfectly.

But what if you want to edit the lyrics? Or the lyrics is not available? You going to make your own, you need a lyrics maker for that...
With foo_lyricsdb  you just right click the song choose Lyrics/Edit/Enter or edit the lyrics however you like/click OK and your done.
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

Reply #8

With foo_lyricsdb  you just right click the song choose Lyrics/Edit/Enter or edit the lyrics however you like/click OK and your done.

foo_lyricsdb isn't the definitive solution yet. I prefer to keep separate files for lyrics because I may have more than one copy of the same song on the system, yet lyricsdb only supports metadata lyrics at the moment. Furthermore, many people don't consider lyrics complete unless they can support karaoke of some kind, either through .lrc/lrc8 file timestamping or the goofy karaoke format Minilyrics uses. Unfortunately, such timestamping seems to be the point where free speech becomes copyright infringement.
In 0.8.3, the lyric searching in foo_uie_lyrics could be configured to save .lrc8 files in my lyrics folder, then I could use foo_lyricmake to add my own timestamps to these files. This is the functionality I would love to see recreated.

Reply #9
just wondering here can I upload the lyrics ? could somebody please give me the linkage ? thanks~~ 
btw, Im using foo_uie_lyrics with 0.8.3