Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI (Read 27189 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI

Description:
a component that host Default UI elements.

Features:
  • Create the Default UI Element floating window as you need.
  • Snap to screen edges and hide automatically.

Download:
https://github.com/ttsping/foo_flowin/releases

Re: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI

Reply #1
Hello!
When the window is hidden, it is not updated

Reply #2
Hi.  I've been playing around with your component and I am very impressed.  I prefer pop-up windows to tabs whenever possible and have been using pop-up panels, but it only supports components compatible with CUI and does not allow for editing or having multiple components within a single panel.  I've already created several new floating windows to replace tabs I used for different Facets views and plan to eventually convert all of my pop-up panels.  I was even able to create a small toolbar header panel to hold the extra buttons I needed to create since my main toolbar header is full.  So far the only issue I have seen is that snapping to screen edges doesn't seem to work, which really isn't a problem for me.  Thank you very much for this very useful component.

Reply #3
Hello!
Currently there is no hidden state, floating window was destroyed when closed.

Reply #4
Hi.  I've been playing around with your component and I am very impressed.  I prefer pop-up windows to tabs whenever possible and have been using pop-up panels, but it only supports components compatible with CUI and does not allow for editing or having multiple components within a single panel.  I've already created several new floating windows to replace tabs I used for different Facets views and plan to eventually convert all of my pop-up panels.  I was even able to create a small toolbar header panel to hold the extra buttons I needed to create since my main toolbar header is full.  So far the only issue I have seen is that snapping to screen edges doesn't seem to work, which really isn't a problem for me.  Thank you very much for this very useful component.
:(
yes, snap to edges may not work well when element has extra controls.

Reply #5
Hello!
Not closed, but hide automatically. When attached to the edge of the screen. If it is behind the screen, then the update does not take place. And when it appears when you hover the mouse, you have to update it manually.
I hope I translated it clearly)))

Reply #6
I said earlier that the snap/hide option wasn't working.  After playing with it some more, I found that it's just finicky concerning the panel size and placement.  I now have one panel sliding to the left and another sliding to the right with no issues.  One thing to be aware of, though, is that flowin panels are not actually confined to the main Foobar panel.  They persist even if Foobar is minimized to the task bar.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.  My playlist ended while writing this message so I just moved my cursor to the right and up popped my Facets panel so I could select and play a new album, then it hid again when I moved the cursor off the panel.  This is one of the most useful components I have seen so far.  I had over a dozen tabs.  Replacing them all with flowin panels has not only made them more accessible using toolbar buttons, but also reduced my start up time by more than half as the panels don't load until I need them.  Thank you again ohyeah.

Reply #7
^ Agreed. This is a pretty useful component with lots of possibilities. I have just one request - would it be possible to add transparency support? It could follow the same amount as foobar is set to in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Default User Interface > Main Window Transparency.  8)

Thanks very much for a great component!

Cheers

Reply #8
I said earlier that the snap/hide option wasn't working.  After playing with it some more, I found that it's just finicky concerning the panel size and placement.  I now have one panel sliding to the left and another sliding to the right with no issues.  One thing to be aware of, though, is that flowin panels are not actually confined to the main Foobar panel.  They persist even if Foobar is minimized to the task bar.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.  My playlist ended while writing this message so I just moved my cursor to the right and up popped my Facets panel so I could select and play a new album, then it hid again when I moved the cursor off the panel.  This is one of the most useful components I have seen so far.  I had over a dozen tabs.  Replacing them all with flowin panels has not only made them more accessible using toolbar buttons, but also reduced my start up time by more than half as the panels don't load until I need them.  Thank you again ohyeah.

I'm glad you like it  :))

Reply #9
^ Agreed. This is a pretty useful component with lots of possibilities. I have just one request - would it be possible to add transparency support? It could follow the same amount as foobar is set to in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Default User Interface > Main Window Transparency.  8)

Thanks very much for a great component!

Cheers

ok, but may not use the setting in advconfig.  :)

Reply #10
New version released.
Add transparency support etc.

Reply #11
Hello!

Thanks for the great component!

How do I make a hidden window refresh when it appears? At the moment, the hidden album cover window does not show the current album cover when it appears, but shows either the old one or nothing.

Reply #12
I installed your latest version and I really like the transparency.  Thank you.  The snapping also appears to be a little faster and smoother.  I do have one question.  There are 2 transparency settings, but so far I can't find any difference between them.  What am I missing?

One feature I would like to see is the ability to specify which side to snap to.  With large windows it can be a little tricky to get it to snap to the side I want and having two large windows snapping to the same side doesn't work well.  It would be even better if one could specify top and bottom as well as left to right.  This is just a wish list.  I realize it might take more effort than it's worth and I'm perfectly happy with it the way it is.

I do have a suggestion for VlaKor.  If you are using the built-in album art viewer, you might want to try the spider monkey version.  I had similar issues with a couple of other built-in components and fortunately there were spider monkey alternatives that worked well.

Reply #13
Hey, sorry to bother you again, but I did find an issue with the new version.  I have a panel with tabs.  In the old version, when I right click to add or delete a tab, the panel remains visible and the edit panel pops up over it so I can make my changes.  But in the new version, when I right click, the panel immediately slides to the side.  The edit menu does pop up, but it doesn't do anything and I can't make any changes to my tabs.  I've reverted back to the previous version, but I really miss the transparency option.  Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.  I really depend on this component.  Thank you.

Reply #14
Hello!

This is the best component ever made!

How do I make a hidden window refresh when it appears? At the moment, the hidden album cover window does not show the current album cover when it appears, but shows either the old one or nothing.

Reply #15

I do have a suggestion for VlaKor.  If you are using the built-in album art viewer, you might want to try the spider monkey version.  I had similar issues with a couple of other built-in components and fortunately there were spider monkey alternatives that worked well.

I am using Spider monkey. There, the same automatic update does not occur. You have to add code to the script to update the panel when you move the mouse.

Reply #16
Hey, sorry to bother you again, but I did find an issue with the new version.  I have a panel with tabs.  In the old version, when I right click to add or delete a tab, the panel remains visible and the edit panel pops up over it so I can make my changes.  But in the new version, when I right click, the panel immediately slides to the side.  The edit menu does pop up, but it doesn't do anything and I can't make any changes to my tabs.  I've reverted back to the previous version, but I really miss the transparency option.  Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.  I really depend on this component.  Thank you.

fixed.  try the latest version and feedbacks are welcome.

Reply #17
Hello!

This is the best component ever made!

I'll look into it. 

[update]:
fixed

Reply #18
Thank you very much for your quick response.  It's working fine now.  I am still curious, though, about the difference between Transparency and Transparency (active).

Reply #19
Thank you very much for your quick response and fix

Reply #20
Thank you very much for your quick response.  It's working fine now.  I am still curious, though, about the difference between Transparency and Transparency (active).

when enabled, Transparency (active) applies to flowin window when active(e.g. you click it).

Reply #21
OK, thank you.  I know it was kind of a stupid question, but I wasn't seeing any difference whether the active option was checked or not.  I just realized it was because I also had the normal transparency set to the same value.  DUH! 

Reply #22
Hi,

I've just discovered this plugin and it's really great <3
There's only one thing missing IMO : the ability to change the name of the window.

Anyway, thank you for this amazing component.

EDIT:
...and if you're still working on this, having one button in the titlebar to enable/disable auto-hide would be a nice addition.

Reply #23
You should just be able to right click on the title bar and select Custom Title.  Of course the title bar needs to be showing ("No frame" turned off).  I agree about the auto-hide button, but haven't seen anything from ohyeah for a while.