Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar can it update audio fields ie bitrate samplerate etc (Read 1786 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar can it update audio fields ie bitrate samplerate etc

foobar can it update audio fields ie bitrate samplerate etc

have a WV file that has no info in the audio fields. It happens to be a DSD file and when played in Foobar , foobar finds the correct values and displays them but I would like the file updated. I was hoping there was a function to do this any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Re: foobar can it update audio fields ie bitrate samplerate etc

Reply #1
The technical properties of files can't be edited with foobar2000. Sample rate is the only value one could possibly change in most audio formats without breaking the file entirely, but then it would play incorrectly.

Your file has all the info you are missing available. And if it didn't, it most likely would not play at all:

Reply #2
you are correct. But if you do a file properties from explorer you will see that that info is blank and what I wanted to do is have foobar update the file properties. I use Mp3tag to catalog my files and it depends on the file info not foobar.

Reply #3
That's because Windows doesn't understand the file format. It doesn't even know .wv is audio. And if you use some shell extension that adds support for WavPack info displaying it's up to that program to implement support for WavPack 5's DSD format.

Reply #4
But if you do a file properties from explorer you will see that that info is blank and what I wanted to do is have foobar update the file properties. I use Mp3tag to catalog my files and it depends on the file info not foobar.

I don't think that Mp3tag has such connection with explorer. So if Mp3tag cannot read this information then it's a bug in Mp3tag and you should report it to its developer (Florian).

Reply #5
its rather weird but I think that FOOBAR gets its info from the container not explorer, thats why I was hoping FOOBAR could write this info to the file as does DR plugin

Reply #6
Yes, both foobar2000 and Mp3Tag get this information from WV file directly. And it's a technical information, it's not something user-definable. So no, foobar2000 cannot do anything in this regard.

Reply #7
The current release of MP3tag doesn't seem to get this info from the container but from the audio fields in explorer. too bad FOOBAr can't update it.

Reply #8
The current release of MP3tag doesn't seem to get this info from the container but from the audio fields in explorer.

I highly doubt it, really.

Reply #9
really when I format using MP3Tag the lengths of the fields are zero vs a file with values in these fields

Reply #11
Thanks Florian

Reply #12
see Florian's message
 8)