Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 Playback Error (Read 1216 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 Playback Error

Hello (sorry if this is in the wrong forum),

Foobar recently through me an error that says:

Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):
"C:\Users\Raye\Music\Music\Favorite Compiliations\The Sound of Europe 2\Automatic Lover (Wild Cowboys Lou.mp3"

I can still play the song in foobar, but the error message keeps popping up.

One reason I think it's throwing me this error is that I changed the name of the file from "Automatic Lover (Wild Cowboys Lou.mp3" to "04 Automatic Lover (Wild Cowboys Lounge Mix).mp3".  However, I've changed other song names before, and it hasn't caused me any problem.

Another reason it could be doing that is that I moved the file.  I had the file in one folder called "The Sound of Europe 2," and I moved "The Sound of Europe 2" into another folder called "E-Magine."  However, I'm not getting any other error messages from the other song files that are  in "The Sound of Europe 2."

Thanks for the help!