Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.1.11 Multimedia keys not working (Read 1510 times) previous topic - next topic

1.1.11 Multimedia keys not working

I've check other threads already for a solution for this on 1.1.11 but nothing came up. (I've checked for that for windows 7(64bit) slideshow thing and I don't have it in my hardware and sound control panel)

I have a Microsoft sidewinder x6 keyboard and my multimedia keys flat out have not worked with foobar2000(even after a re-install). Every other media program I have installed works with the media keys (WMP. Winamp, Itunes, VLC, MPCHC).

I gave the settings for hotkeys a look and can't seem to get foobar to recognize the media keys when trying to make custom play keys for instance. I came here because I don't want to have to set up global hotkeys in foobar since I have keyboard dedicated media keys which is honestly just stupid.

Thanks for any future help on this.

Reply #1
Alright wtf I gotta reply... I went out for about 3 hours today. I did NOTHING except lock my pc thus leaving it running and foobar2000 in the background. Now upon logging back in out of habit from running Winamp for years I hit my media key to resume my music not thinking foobar2000 was still up no Winamp... Well guess what it randomly decideds to work.

Seriously what am I missing here?

Reply #2
Have you got Minimise to tray enabled?

Do they work correctly without the software running?

If the Sidewinder software is anything like Logitech's, then the media player buttons implementation requires a window containing foobar2000 to be present, and no "more likely" media players to be. In addition using ColumnsUI also broke it. I always found the implementation of Logitech's key software to be a hack that was buggy and unreliable, and have never since installed "keyboard drivers." (To be fair I haven't used it in years, it may have improved.)

Reply #3
I'm not sure what Minimise to tray to tray is? I haven't seen it yet and took another look around the program and seemed to have missed it. Is Minimize to icon the same thing under Columns UI Notifications area tab? If so yes its was enabled by default.

I'm not sure if they work with out the software but I currently need the software 100%. I actually use hotkeys and macros for my work.

If you are talking about having a media player visible in windows for the media keys to work then no. I have always run the media programs in the background or in the system tray while working/gaming while using the media keys.

I have also ever only use the Logitech mouse part of Setpoint which has been great so far(G500).