Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with converting wave files to OGG files (Read 3331 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with converting wave files to OGG files

hi!

i've been trying to encode some wave files i have to ogg file but have been getting quite a lot of errors..as im really new to MSVC & OGG so pls do be patient with my simple questions... =)

i wonder how i can make use of the oggvorbis sdk? inexperience as i am, i copied all the files from the sdk to the respective include, lib & bin folders of my MSVC folder ie. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include etc... it seems really a primitive way ... am i doing it correct?

nxt, i opened encoder_example.c from the sdk, build & compiled it and received the following errors:

-------------------Configuration: encoder_example - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_info_clear
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_comment_clear
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_dsp_clear
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_block_clear
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_clear
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_page_eos
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_pageout
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_bitrate_addblock
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis_blockout
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis_buffer
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis_wrote
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_flush
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_packetin
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis_headerout
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_stream_init
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_block_init
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_analysis_init
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_comment_add_tag
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_comment_init
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_encode_init_vbr
encoder_example.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vorbis_info_init
Debug/encoder_example.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 23 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

encoder_example.exe - 24 error(s), 0 warning(s)
--------------------------------------------------

can someone help me?

Problems with converting wave files to OGG files

Reply #1
i've been trying to encode some wave files i have to ogg file but have been getting quite a lot of errors..as im really new to MSVC & OGG so pls do be patient with my simple questions... =)

If you just want to encode wave to vorbis or speex, you can find my pre built libraries and directshow filters at http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ using graphedit which is part of the directx 9 sdk you can encode simply, look at this page for example filter graphs http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/graphedit.html There are currently some limitation, like you can't change any of the vorbis encoder properties. (default to 0.3 ~128kbs)

The source for this project is at http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/oggdsf , note you should check out the revision that matches the build number on the last binary release 7043. Also it can only be built with VS.NET 2002 and above... also pretty soon, by the next binary release, they will all be changed forward to 2003 project files because of a bug in the 2002 compiler which prevents one of the projects building.

inexperience as i am, i copied all the files from the sdk to the respective include, lib & bin folders of my MSVC folder ie. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include etc... it seems really a primitive way ... am i doing it correct?

No this is generally a bad idea ! If you look ni the projects properties there will be an entry for "additional include directories" here you want to put the include directories for the vorbis libraries wehreever you have them. and also for the libogg libraries.

nxt, i opened encoder_example.c from the sdk, build & compiled it and received the following errors:

This is due to the way those project files are set up, it can't find the link to the libvorbis library... you need to look in properties again and find the entry called "Additional library directories", put the directory where the libraries have been built... something like c:\ogg\libvorbis\win32\debug or release... just look where the built libraries went to.  Do the same for the libogg library

Also in the additional dependancies or additional libraries (can't remember exactly what they are called, i haven't used vc6 for ages)... and put the name of the built vorbis library... probably vorbis_d.lib, same for ogg_d.lib or whatever it's called.