Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagScanner 5.1 (Read 66576 times) previous topic - next topic

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #25
TagScanner 5.1.571 released on 07/02/2010

* New: Now you can automatically change dimension and compression level of embedded cover art
* New: Autonumbering function now has an option to reset counter on next group of flles
* Improved: Transform scripts now applied for live preview in renamer
* Improved: Processing of multiple user-defined <text blocks> in Filename-to-Tag generator
* Changed: Transform scripts now applied only for engaged part of filename instead of full path for Filename-to-Tag generator
* Changed: Program now change case of file extention only to all upper or all lower
* Fixed: Tag processor ignore numeric values for some placeholders
* Fixed: Program no longer prevent of actions on auto-hided taskbar
* Rewrited network code to avoid problems with unstable connections (no need to restart program)
* Changed interface scaling method

It seems that version 5.1.571 is last for  5.1. I have list of some interesting ideas for next major update, main change is freeform tagging with support for multivalues in foobar2k style. But now I has no time and no desire to work on this project.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #26
I let tagscanner reorganize my entire mp3 collection, however, like an idiot, I let it add Folders with the Album Name and then the mp3's inside that folder.  Is there anyway to get rid of the Album Folders and just have the songs listed in one master folder?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #27
I let tagscanner reorganize my entire mp3 collection, however, like an idiot, I let it add Folders with the Album Name and then the mp3's inside that folder.  Is there anyway to get rid of the Album Folders and just have the songs listed in one master folder?

Activate [Restructure] feature. Select root folder and set format string for new filenames. Also you may select [Delete empty folders] to delete old folders.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #28
TagScanner 5.1.590 BETA!!! released on 08/26/2010

* Transfered to new compiler
* New tag engine
* New placeholder %_counter%
* Improved: Reading of CUE files for various artists compilation
* Improved: Repairing of some sort of corrupted ID3v2 tags
* Improved: Compatibility with iTunes9
* Changed: Disabled joint reading of ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags
* Changed: Mapping DESCRIPTION -> COMMENT for Vorbis comments
* Changed: Mapping ORGANIZATION -> PUBLISHER for Vorbis comments
* Fixed: Generating of tag data with empty user blocks in Filename-to-Tag generator
* On Windows Vista and above program now trying to use new system fonts
* Workaround for problem with slash symbol in Music renamer for some Windows7 systems
* All translations files now utf8 encoded
* Translations: Polish, Czech, Chinese Traditional

This version is test platform for new tag engine and new code. Program now has new native unicode core from Delphi2010, most of text data processing functions was rewritten.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #29
Hello,

I just started using Tagscanner. While I really like the interface and the software as a whole, I stumbled over the exactly same problem I am having with every other tagger I tried, except for the build in tagger from foobar2000.

How do I put multiple entries into one tag? I have tried / // \ \\ ; , with and without spaces, to no avail.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Wacko

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #30
How do you add album art and lyrics to your entire collection all at once?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #31
I have been using Tagscanner for years now...... I have updated today to 5.1.601 and find that I am no longer able to use amazon.co.uk to search for albums. Any help would be appreciated???

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #32
It is such a shame that this tool has zero documentation. It has lot of potential, but since you cannot find anything (how to add/show custom tags; export list placeholders etc) it is useless to me.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #33
I'm a newbie to using TagScanner and so I'm likely missing something obvious.  I'm using 5.1.630 on a Windows XP with a Netgear NAS.  When I browse to the folders on the NAS, Tagscanner does not display any of the tags or any of the files.  As a test I put a folder on my desktop and opened the tags just fine with TagScanner and then moved the folder to the NAS.  Using TagScanner again there were no tags for any of the files in the folder.  Is there some kind of setting I need to do this?  I've gone through TagScanner manual, done online searches, etc. but can't locate this information.  Does this have something to do with the NAS operating system (OS is based on Debian Linux.)?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #34
Hi !

Does it support .aif and .aiff files ?

Thank you

Alan

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #35
I'm new to TagScanner and I'm having some problems.

1. I can create new Test Transforms, and they work, but if I close the program and restart it, they disappear.

2. I'm trying to get TagScanner to capitalize titles according to the rules for English.  Someone has probably already worked out a fancy regex to do this.  Roughly, certain words must be lowercased but the first and last word are always capitalized.

3. Is there a way to run transforms just on the tags, not renaming or tagging from filenames?