Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagScanner 5.1 (Read 66573 times) previous topic - next topic

TagScanner 5.1

Released the final version of TagScanner 5.1.

It improves the already known functions, and adds new long awaited features.

What's new

- Tag Processor module: Tag fields mixer - format, extract and move any tag fields data to other fields
- Tag Processor module: Import tag data from text files
- Reader for Mpeg based files with detection of encoder type and accurate calculation of length and bitrate
- 'Export list' module with scripting support, included scripts for xml, csv and html
- Filtering in list of files
- Support of new official OGG Vorbis field designed for embedded cover art (METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE). You can select new or old format.
- Functions to import/export covers for multiple files at once
- Now you can copy/paste TAG information between different media formats(Vorbis to ID3, APE to MP4 etc.)
- In Filename-to-TAG generator you can now append text to extracted parts directly in formatting string
- User defined genres
- Import additional information from a Amazon and Discogs (Composer, Conductor, Remixed by etc.)
- Additional tag fields
- Updated help files, added examples of usage for all modules

Complete changelog

Download

Installer or portable version.
http://www.xdlab.ru/en/download.htm

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #1
Looks like a very useful program. Might use this to embed some cover art, etc.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #2
TagScanner has been my favourite tagging software for many years.
A great program! большое спасибо Sergey!

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #4
Wow!  I've been cleaning up my music collection in the past few weeks and have messed around with various rippers/taggers/converters, mostly for linux (but some that run under wine too), and have been mostly disappointed by bugs, lack of features, or non-user-friendly interfaces.  Finally I have found a tagging program that does exactly what I want, exactly the way I want it!  Plus it runs just fine in linux using wine.  Thank you so much!

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #5
Hey I am getting track info from Discog and it doesn't have composer info

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #8
Does it downloads additional covers like back cover,disc cover?

Only covers. Most of albums in online databases contain only front cover art.
My concept is that the front covers is a necessary and sufficient condition for comfortable work with music files in any software and hardware.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #9
I really like this program with the little bit of time I have spent with it.

I'm having a problem though. When I go to clear out the comment sections of tags I get constant crashing, especially when they say what they were encoded with.

Any suggestions?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #10
I really like this program with the little bit of time I have spent with it.

I'm having a problem though. When I go to clear out the comment sections of tags I get constant crashing, especially when they say what they were encoded with.

Any suggestions?

Please send to xdev@yandex.ru example file with description how to reproduce error.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #11
any chance to add TagScanner to the context menu? (like "scan this folder with tagscanner")
I liked that about Tag&Rename (which I abandoned now :>)

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #12
Really nice application, its useful also. Thanks.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #13
When I use TAG Processor for an album, I get the track info in this format: xx/xx (or x/x, or xxx/xxx, depending on the settings).

Is there a way to get simply XX?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #14
When I use TAG Processor for an album, I get the track info in this format: xx/xx (or x/x, or xxx/xxx, depending on the settings).

Another question: maybe I'm missing something, but... is there the chance to get the cover art (folder.jpg) downloaded automatically when importing tags from online databases? I know that to click on "save cover art to externalk file" is not a big problem... but often I forget to do and so I miss lots of covers...

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #15

You can clear total tracks in tag editor, just select files, clear value and click Save.

Program embed coverart into files when you get album info from internet. If you need also external files ? you can rightclick in filelist and select Export cover to file function.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #16
You can clear total tracks in tag editor, just select files, clear value and click Save.
Program embed coverart into files when you get album info from internet. If you need also external files ? you can rightclick in filelist and select Export cover to file function.

Thanks, I just hoped in an automatic setting for those functions.
Still a great software, btw!! 

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #18
With version 5.1.555 track numbers are incrementing by two instead of one when saving through tracks.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Can it automatically number the tracks from 1 to [total number]? How?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #19
Select the first track with with you wish to start, enter the beginning number, click on the track button and then continually click save through the subsequent tracks.

I sometimes like to renumber multidisc sets so that the numbering continues on from the previous discs.  This is how I discovered the problem.  I reverted back to 5.0 since it doesn't have this problem.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #20
Thanks, that works.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #21
With version 5.1.555 track numbers are incrementing by two instead of one when saving through tracks.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This problem already hotfixed in current build, just redownload program from homepage.

Can it automatically number the tracks from 1 to [total number]? How?

Select files, enter first track number, Rightclick on filelist and click Autonumbering.

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #22
Every time I try to use Tagscanner to do a search of freedb, tracktype or amazon, I get the error message: "could not connect to server: socket error #11004.
What's going on?

TagScanner 5.1

Reply #23
TagScanner 5.1.563 (05/12/2010)

5.1.563 (05/12/2010)
* Updated rules for words capitalization
* Retuned autocorrection function for filenames
* Retuned Import data from CUE function
* A smoother migration from version 5.0 to 5.1
* Translations: Portuguese - European, Croatian (alternative)

DDL: tagscan5.1.563setup.exe

TagScanner home page: http://www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm