Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some Speex Questions (Read 3595 times) previous topic - next topic

Some Speex Questions

hi, the following weren't in the FAQ and I'd like to know:

1. How do you actually store speex in an OGG transport? The manual mentions you can but not how as the commandline output is always speex native it seems, not ogg. So the setting for OGG packets do nothing then if you can't put it in an OGG? or is the output in OGG by default?

2. Is speex optimised for a particular language or for generally any humanly utterable sounds? Because speech patterns in English versus, say Chinese are vastly different.

thx

Some Speex Questions

Reply #1
hi, the following weren't in the FAQ and I'd like to know:

1. How do you actually store speex in an OGG transport? The manual mentions you can but not how as the commandline output is always speex native it seems, not ogg. So the setting for OGG packets do nothing then if you can't put it in an OGG? or is the output in OGG by default?

Speex files are in an ogg container, by default; in fact, there is no choice.

2. Is speex optimised for a particular language or for generally any humanly utterable sounds? Because speech patterns in English versus, say Chinese are vastly different.

thx

I'm not too sure about that, but I would assume that frequencies are the critical factor rather than speech patterns.