Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack troubleshooting... (Read 3531 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack troubleshooting...

I rip my CD with EAC into Wavpack w/emb. cue...the disk is copied without a single problem but when it comes to external compressing, Windows generates an error - WavPack has encountered errors and will be closed...
Why is it?..any experience like this?..

Command-line setting
-hlm -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Genre=%m" %s

Reply #1
Rename wavpack.exe to wavpack_debug.exe.  Run your command line, referring to wavpack_debug instead of wavpack, and then check your "Application Data" folder in "Documents and Settings". There should be a file in there called "wavpack.log" with the answers.

It is possible that you either have no .cue file in the folder, or more than one. "@*.cue" will only work if there is one .cue file in the folder.

Best to check the screen and log output from wavpack_debug to be sure.

A debugging mode is provided for the programs which is enabled by simply appending "_debug" to the the name of the executable (for example, wavpack.exe becomes wavpack_debug.exe). The debugging versions work exactly like the normal versions except that they report more detailed information about their operation. For instance, they will list their command-line arguments and wavpack.exe will display detailed information about the files it compresses (including how the audio data is interpreted). Also, all information displayed on the console (including any errors encountered) is dumped to a text file called "wavpack.log" (under Application Data). This is very handy for debugging in situations where the command-line window terminates before an error message can be read (or doesn't get displayed at all). It is not recommended that these debug version be used all the time because the log file will grow indefinitely.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
Rename wavpack.exe to wavpack_debug.exe.  Run your command line, referring to wavpack_debug instead of wavpack, and then check your "Application Data" folder in "Documents and Settings". There should be a file in there called "wavpack.log" with the answers.

It is possible that you either have no .cue file in the folder, or more than one. "@*.cue" will only work if there is one .cue file in the folder.

Best to check the screen and log output from wavpack_debug to be sure.

A debugging mode is provided for the programs which is enabled by simply appending "_debug" to the the name of the executable (for example, wavpack.exe becomes wavpack_debug.exe). The debugging versions work exactly like the normal versions except that they report more detailed information about their operation. For instance, they will list their command-line arguments and wavpack.exe will display detailed information about the files it compresses (including how the audio data is interpreted). Also, all information displayed on the console (including any errors encountered) is dumped to a text file called "wavpack.log" (under Application Data). This is very handy for debugging in situations where the command-line window terminates before an error message can be read (or doesn't get displayed at all). It is not recommended that these debug version be used all the time because the log file will grow indefinitely.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372285"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well, i moved cue-sheet of another .Wv-file and it appears now to work...
but why so?..these cue-sheets have different names - why do I have problems?..

Reply #3
If you had specified -w "Cuesheet=@mycue.cue" (mycue.cue being the name of the cuesheet you were after) then this wouldn't be a problem.

However, using -w "Cuesheet=@*.cue" - i.e. using the * wildcard - there can only be one cuesheet in the folder, otherwise the command is ambiguous, and Wavpack will terminate.
I'm on a horse.