Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Effects plugins in Audacious (Read 3094 times) previous topic - next topic

Effects plugins in Audacious

A few months ago, I made the switch from Windows to GNU/Linux (more specifically, Ubuntu), but I still ran foobar2000 under Wine. Just recently I have moved on to gNewSense, and decided to use Audacious instead.

I have the following Audacious-related packages installed (this is what comes up when I search for "audacious" in Synaptic):

audacious
audacious-plugins
audacious-plugins-extra
libaudclient1
libaudid3tag1
pidgin-audacious
pidgin-mpris
pidgin-musictracker

The trouble is, the effects plugins won't do anything. The plugins under the other tabs work fine, but the ones under the Effects tab have no effect whatsoever. I'm thinking it's probably a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled, since none of them seem to work, but I've looked through all the settings several times and done a few Google searches to no avail.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also, when I run Audacious as-is it works great, but if I install audacious-crossfade and then try to run it in the terminal, I get a segmentation fault. Anybody had this problem before/know of any ways around it?

Effects plugins in Audacious

Reply #1
I had the same problem with plugins and once I went for help at their IRC channel, and I was called names for "bothering" them. The best advice I had was to "bug the plugin writer, and not us." Just my 2 cent.

But you could go there, the IRC channel...
irc.atheme.org
#audacious