Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4598320 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2700
Did I miss something or we can't put panels horizontally anymore, I mean on the top of the window instead of the sidebar ? It wouldn't really be of any use without foo_tabs but I'm worried anyway

Columns UI

Reply #2701
Did I miss something or we can't put panels horizontally anymore, I mean on the top of the window instead of the sidebar ? It wouldn't really be of any use without foo_tabs but I'm worried anyway
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373995"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Use the layout system.

Columns UI

Reply #2702
Well I would do that but I only see Columns Playlist in there, but again I might miss something.

Columns UI

Reply #2703
My OS is windows 2000 and therefore I have been using windowblinds 4.6 with .83 and Columns UI for quite some time, and everything in foobar is skinned perfectly.  I recently tried using .9 and the new Columns UI with windowblinds and only a portion of foobar is skinned (none of the toolbar or grey background).  I switched .9 to the default display and everthing was skinned fine so it appears to be caused by the new Columns UI.  Did something change in the new Columns which makes it unable to be totally skined with Windowblinds.  Any work around?

Columns UI

Reply #2704
Well I would do that but I only see Columns Playlist in there, but again I might miss something.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373998"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Press the rightmouse button and check the horizontal or vertical splitter. And press rightmouse button again on the splitter
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

Columns UI

Reply #2705
Oh, right, thank you. I'd like to note that a small message somewhere to say "rightclick you dumbass" would help

Columns UI

Reply #2706
Columns UI pre-alpha17v6 released. This uses GDI+ to render the volume control "channel" anti-aliased. On Windows 2000, it should fallback to GDI if the gdiplus redistributable is not installed, please report back if it gives problems. The redistributable for Windows 2000 users is available here if you want it (its not required). Put the gdiplus.dll in the foobar2000 directory.

Album list panel 0.2.1 beta 2 also released.

My OS is windows 2000 and therefore I have been using windowblinds 4.6 with .83 and Columns UI for quite some time, and everything in foobar is skinned perfectly.  I recently tried using .9 and the new Columns UI with windowblinds and only a portion of foobar is skinned (none of the toolbar or grey background).  I switched .9 to the default display and everthing was skinned fine so it appears to be caused by the new Columns UI.   Did something change in the new Columns which makes it unable to be totally skined with Windowblinds.   Any work around?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373999"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Only workaround is.. to not use WindowBlinds  As I understand, WindowBlinds is a hack, and so its no surprise it doesn't work.

Columns UI

Reply #2707
That would explain some things, thx for the hint. Maybe a good point for a faq or a wiki.

edit: that was it, it looks all nice now
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The FAQ is [a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faqs]here[/url], if you want to add something to it

Hi.
I see a strange behaviour with tooltips in latest Columns UI.
You can see it in :

[a href="http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=columnsuitooltip6vr.png" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #2708
Columns UI pre-alpha17v6 released. This uses GDI+ to render the volume control "channel" anti-aliased. On Windows 2000, it should fallback to GDI if the gdiplus redistributable is not installed, please report back if it gives problems. The redistributable for Windows 2000 users is available here if you want it (its not required). Put the gdiplus.dll in the foobar2000 directory.

Album list panel 0.2.1 beta 2 also released.

My OS is windows 2000 and therefore I have been using windowblinds 4.6 with .83 and Columns UI for quite some time, and everything in foobar is skinned perfectly.  I recently tried using .9 and the new Columns UI with windowblinds and only a portion of foobar is skinned (none of the toolbar or grey background).  I switched .9 to the default display and everthing was skinned fine so it appears to be caused by the new Columns UI.   Did something change in the new Columns which makes it unable to be totally skined with Windowblinds.   Any work around?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373999"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Only workaround is.. to not use WindowBlinds  As I understand, WindowBlinds is a hack, and so its no surprise it doesn't work.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374040"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

not exactly accurate.. wb is a very good skinning system, with its own api or whatever you call it it uses as a replacement for the standard winXP skinning features..
anyway, my point was that it skins just fine here.. so i'm not really sure what his point is (using wXP sp2 obviously)

anyway no.2: what's changed in albumlistpanel that you updated it?

Columns UI

Reply #2709
Columns UI pre-alpha17v6 released. This uses GDI+ to render the volume control "channel" anti-aliased.

...and its working fine without WinXP SP2 now - thanks ;-)

Columns UI

Reply #2710
not exactly accurate.. wb is a very good skinning system, with its own api or whatever you call it it uses as a replacement for the standard winXP skinning features..
anyway, my point was that it skins just fine here.. so i'm not really sure what his point is (using wXP sp2 obviously)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374051"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can you point me to the documentation for this API it exposes on Windows 2000?

I remember one of their old claims: "Themes controls that aren't themed by Windows XP themes". In other words, they somehow applied themes to applications not using Common Controls 6.

anyway no.2: what's changed in albumlistpanel that you updated it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374051"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bug fix  Problem with sorting items dragged from album list.

Columns UI

Reply #2711
problem solved 

and the volume look pretty now. 

Thanks man, carry on!!!

Columns UI

Reply #2712
Thanks musicmusic, ColumnsUI still rocks !!!   

The panels seem to be without any padding, so in my case (menu in its row, then horiz. splitter with buttons, seekbar and spec, then tabs, then playlistview) each panel (of toolbar for instance) is quite close to its neighbour - the panels at the outer side are even directly next to the foobar-window-border.

It's still a bit to narrow IMHO, a small amount of padding  - some pixel room like in the foobar2000-standard-UI - would be more pleasant..

BTW, just for interest, why does the standard-UI-toolbar and the Columns-UI-panels have a different background-color (Royale/EnergyBlue-Theme here)?

Columns UI

Reply #2713
ahh great work on the latest release the volume control looks amazing now, like the rest of the program

keep up the good work.

Columns UI

Reply #2714
Thank you very much. It looks great!

Columns UI pre-alpha17v6 released. This uses GDI+ to render the volume control "channel" anti-aliased.

Columns UI

Reply #2715
I think I've suggested this before, but not elaborately.

It would be nice if you had the option to add horizontal and/or vertical seperators to the columns ui layout. What I mean by that is, the anchors/seperators you see in the FB2K toolbar that reside between the buttons, volume bar, file menu, seek panel, tab panel, album art, etc. If implemented they could also act as anchors that resize panels when not in "locked" mode which would make things just a bit easier in the columns ui department.

When you add panels with columns ui, even if that panel is a toolbar, you lose that separator and functionality. Aside from unported plugins, its the only thing holding me back from 0.9

Columns UI

Reply #2716
I can't keep up with these updates ... you need an RSS feed, musicmusic.

Where there any changes to the album list panel? (I didn't notice any.)
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

Columns UI

Reply #2717
If I use a custom button image on one of my buttons, the default images on all the other buttons are no longer displayed.

Only bug I've been able to find musicmusic, keep up the great work!

Columns UI

Reply #2718
If I use a custom button image on one of my buttons, the default images on all the other buttons are no longer displayed.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374143"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This hasn't been  a problem for me ...
love, IAN
droptothetop.com/

Columns UI

Reply #2719
thanks musicmusic!!!!!

just one question: custom sorting for tree items gone?

in 0.8.3 I used:

VIEW:
$upper(%artist%)|'['$right($replace(%date%,3000,CP),2)']'  [$caps2(%album%)]  '('%composer%')'

CUSTOM TREE SORTING:
[%sort_artist%]$if($stricmp($left($trim($if2(%album artist%,%artist%)),4),the ),$right($trim($if2(%album artist%,%artist%)),$sub($len($trim($if2(%album artist%,%artist%))),4)),$trim($if2(%album artist%,%artist%)))$upper(%artist%)|'['%date%']'  [%sort%][%album%]

Columns UI

Reply #2720
...set up the latest album list panel for colors, fonts...

On mine, it's preferences > album list panel > advanced tab.
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Columns UI

Reply #2721

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374143"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

All button images must be the same size

Columns UI

Reply #2722
All button images must be the same size
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374305"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Aha! Thanks champ!    Sorry for the mistake..

Columns UI

Reply #2723
A suggestion for the "Meta field to edit" feature (which was pointed out in the infobox thread).

Could there be an option to provide a Windows style text-field/drop-down box when you go to edit a field? The dropdown box could provide a list of, say, artists in the database to choose from. (To stop you from having multiple spellings for, say, Guns n' Roses).

Right now, pressing F2 is the only way I can edit fields. Maybe triple click or something else could work also?

Columns UI

Reply #2724
What is the simpliest way to change the background color for the current playing track without having that long default style definition?