Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme (Read 95282 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

Reply #75
Installed 1.1.5, new jscript panel, and all the new fonts. Still crashes on startup, but seems to work after a reload.

New dump of my console:
This is super helpful. I think it's some kind of weird race condition that I can't duplicate. Let's see if I can't fix it on your machine though.

Can you open up georgia-main.js and find function createButtonObjects

At the very top of the function, right after the line that is btns = [] there's a 4 line if-else block. Can you delete that block and replace it with:

if (ww <= 0 || wh <= 0) {
      return;
   } else if (typeof btnImg === 'undefined') {
      createButtonImages();
   }

Then close foobar and reopen and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Reply #76
@katieinthecoconut You could also try replacing that code block to see if it fixes your problem.

Reply #77
It seems like it crashes for me when I try to view my library by folder structure;

https://imgur.com/a/A6Q59ym

It looks like it's something to do with LibraryTree that I think this skin uses;

http://i.imgur.com/YBmIWEM.png

The big issue is... I have no idea how to even make it stop trying to look via folder structure anymore. It's just an endless loop of crashing because I can't change it back.

Reply #78
The big issue is... I have no idea how to even make it stop trying to look via folder structure anymore. It's just an endless loop of crashing because I can't change it back.
Yup, I have a fix, and will push an updated version of the theme tonight or tomorrow. I was hoping for some feedback from some of the other people complaining about different crashes first, but will just go ahead and hope someone else can test it later.

Until that happens you can stop the crash happening by going into Panel Properties, and changing the value of "SYSTEM.View By" to 0 (or any other number lower than what it's currently set to).

Reply #79
v1.1.6 released. Let me know if you guys are still experiencing crashes.

I wasn't able to get a Spotify premium login. If someone is willing to share a password with me for a couple hours some day I wouldn't say no, but otherwise I'm not exactly sure how I can debug a baffling crash I can't reproduce.

Reply #80
Installed 1.1.5, new jscript panel, and all the new fonts. Still crashes on startup, but seems to work after a reload.

Installed 1.1.6 and the new enhanced play count. Startup crash now gone!

Reply #81
Guys, can someone make a screen with your playlist switcher on and library list (artists with albums). Theme looks fkn astonishing. Super nice

Reply #82
Don't think I can attach screenshots here, but I took the standard provided layout and replaced the 2 Filter Hidden Tray with Coverflow followed by 3x Filters. Works great for me.

Reply #83
Getting a Jscript crash when trying to play a track

Code: [Select]
JScript Panel v2.3.5 (Georgia by Mordred)
JavaScript runtime error:
'Timeline' is undefined
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\georgia\js\georgia-main.js
Line: 1585, Col: 2

This is only happening with the latest version. plugins are up to date and I am unsure on what is happening.

--EDIT--

I am a fool and forgot to copy over the text from the georgia.txt. Sorry.

Reply #84
Have you by any chance tested with the recently released Columns UI 1.4.0?

Reply #85
Have you by any chance tested with the recently released Columns UI 1.4.0?
No, is there an issue?

Reply #87
Released version 1.1.7. Visual improvements and fixed a bunch of crashes. Unfortunately for some of you, clicking the upgrade button on the screen will cause a crash. You'll have to manually go to https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia/releases/tag/1.1.7 to get the latest version. Make sure to read the note at the top.

Full changelist:
 - Invert logos when theme primary color is light (requires foo_jscript_panel v2.3.6)
 - Fixed crash when clicking the hyperlink to upgrade. Sorry!
 - Fixed crash when managing grouping presets
 - Added volume control
 - Album labels in playlist are now hyperlinks
 - Fixed some date timezone issues
 - Improved playlist look when songs don't have a genre tagged

Image packs were also updated today. You can get the incremental updates here.

Reply #88
Hi.  I just recently discovered Georgia and like it so much that I replaced all of my various panels and tabs with just one full size panel for Georgia.  I really like the new volume control but do miss the ability to scroll with the mouse wheel.  I looked at your code and did see references to the wheel, but don't know enough java to really understand it.  Is there some setting I am missing or some change that could be made to activate it?  It's not a big deal, I was just curious.  Thank you very much for all your time and effort in providing us with this great theme.

Reply #89
Hi.  I just recently discovered Georgia and like it so much that I replaced all of my various panels and tabs with just one full size panel for Georgia.  I really like the new volume control but do miss the ability to scroll with the mouse wheel.  I looked at your code and did see references to the wheel, but don't know enough java to really understand it.  Is there some setting I am missing or some change that could be made to activate it?  It's not a big deal, I was just curious.  Thank you very much for all your time and effort in providing us with this great theme.
Oversight on my part. Mouse wheel should work on the next released version coming in a week or two. It'll notify you at foobar startup when there's a new version.

BTW, you can re-enable this yourself by adding:

if (pref.show_volume_button) {
volume_btn.on_mouse_wheel(delta);
}
to the top of on_mouse_wheel in georgia-main.js (line 2002ish).

Let me know if you have any issues.

Reply #90
Thank you for your quick reply.  There was one small issue.  The volume scrolled when I used the mouse wheel anywhere on the screen, including the library or playlist view.  I solved this by moving the new code to the existing if/else statement.  The only (very minor) problem with this is that I can't use the wheel to adjust the volume when in one of these views.  One possibility might be to activate the wheel only when the volume button has been pressed, but only if this is fairly easy to do. 

if (displayPlaylist) {
      trace_call && console.log(qwr_utils.function_name());
      playlist.on_mouse_wheel(delta);
   } else if (displayLibrary) {
      // trace_call && console.log(qwr_utils.function_name());
      library.on_mouse_wheel(delta);}
      else if (pref.show_volume_button) {
      volume_btn.on_mouse_wheel(delta);
   }

Reply #91
Yeah I was just coming here to point this out. Fix is slightly more complicated than I thought. I don't have a mouse with wheel on my dev computer so I was just looking at the code and it appeared to be handled inside the volume_btn's on_mouse_wheel. I'll have to figure it out and get back to you.

Reply #92
Loving it !
Installed it today.

Couple of things.

1/ Clicking on Playlists-? Playlist manager crashes with:

JScript Panel v2.3.6 (Georgia by Mordred)
JavaScript runtime error:
Invalid procedure call or argument
File: C:\Users\digit\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_Button.js
Line: 330, Col: 4

Not a big deal since there are other ways to get there.

2/ Question: How do I make the song rating stars to be saved in the file tags ?

Reply #93
1) That error seems to be on creating a new playlist. Was that what you were trying to do? It works fine for me. Did you install the latest foo_jscript_panel? Nevermind, I see 2.3.6. Did you have any playlists when you tried to add a new one?

2) That's a setting of foo_playcount, and not this theme. There's a good thread on this forum about that component which should be able to walk you through it.

Reply #94
1/ yep, already had playlist. Still crashes when I want to add one. It might just be me, so unless many other 'complain' it might not be worth spending time on it.

2/ that's it ! Found the way, thank you !

Reply #95
1/ yep, already had playlist. Still crashes when I want to add one. It might just be me, so unless many other 'complain' it might not be worth spending time on it.
I figured it out. That line needs to be:
plman.ActivePlaylist = plman.PlaylistCount - 1;

It'll be fixed in the next release.

Reply #96
Hi.
I downloaded your latest changes this morning and everything looks good, but I do have some comments.  All of these are very minor and may not be issues at all, depending on your intent.  I just wanted to bring them to your intention before you released 1.18.  And thank you for all your hard work giving us this wonderful theme.

1.  I can now the scroll the volume bar with the wheel even when the playlist or library panel is displayed (thank you), but it also continues to scroll the displayed panel.

2.  When scrolling the volume bar with the wheel, the volume tooltip is correctly displayed and shows the changing value as I scroll,  But only the first time.  When I adjust the volume a second time, the tooltip shows initially, but does not continue to show the changing value as I scroll.  Reloading the panel corrects the issue, but again, only for the first time.  I added statements to set this,show_tt to true prior to checking it in each of the three places where it is checked in volume.js and this seems to solve the issue.

3.  The new randomize function works well, but does have what may be an unintended consequence.  I started playing on track 1, then pressed the randomize button.  This moved track 1 down to the next to the last track.  After it and the next tracked finished playing, playing stopped until I pressed the play button again.

Reply #97
1 and 2 have already been fixed in the next version. Huge oversight for me not to test with a mouse wheel, and tooltips all over the place were broken.

3 is a very good point that I hadn't even considered. I need to figure out a way to move the currently playing or selected track to the top of the playlist. I'll look into it.

I'm messing with some display bugs at the moment, but depending on how much free time I get I'm hoping to do another release this weekend.

Reply #98
Hello, thank for your work, I have followed every step closely you told but it does not open properly, FOOBAR just crash.

What the console says :

JScript Panel v2.3.6 (Georgia by Mordred)
Erreur d’exécution JavaScript:
Impossible d’obtenir la propriété  « 0 » d’une référence null ou non définie
File: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\georgia\js\georgia-main.js
Line: 2996, Col: 2
--

Where are located the js files :
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\georgia\js
Where Foobar is currently installed :
C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000

What did I have done wrong to get that result?

Reply #99
Love the work so far on this. Just wanted to let you know, I found the playlist font to be uneditable for some reason; either through the menu, or anything else I had tried. Weirdly, the when switching to 4K version that switched the playlist font size; however, everything else was then too big. I started tinkering around, and here's my custom fork: https://github.com/ravenmyst/Georgia

I increased the playlist font size, increased the icon size (got rid of the lyrics one for example, since I dont use it). I am starting to fall behind master though. My resolution is 1920x1080 / 2560x1440. Hope this can help; not sure how to PR this since it's guesswork on my end.