Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Media Library crushed after indexing flac from NAS (Read 549 times) previous topic - next topic

Media Library crushed after indexing flac from NAS

I'm trying to build media library from my music folder in NAS (My Cloud home - WD).  I'm dealing with lots of flac files over 3T..
It takes days to complete indexing and after that it loses index file over and over and shows nothing in my library.  I tried different version of fb2k and related components and I'm pretty sure I have very secure wifi and fast enough to handle this.

I also have 5Mb index-data file from autobackup folder which was made by foo_jesus but I can't load them up by overwriting config/index data folder.

I need to know how it can be loaded up in case indexing large amount of file from NAS is not a good idea and can be crushed due to many reasons....

Thanks for your help in advance

Re: Media Library crushed after indexing flac from NAS

Reply #1
So the player doesn't crash and console doesn't report any issues? How high is the memory usage of foobar2000 with the library? You can see this in Task Manager.

Are there any archives on the network share? If you have normal foobar2000 install it will also try to index everything found in ZIP and RAR files on the drive. Those can increase indexing time considerably.

Btw, Indexing should go faster with wired ethernet. If you have a gigabit connection you can read over 100 megabytes per second from the NAS, if its disk(s) can handle it. Indexing doesn't even need to read all the data but even if it read all the 3 terabytes it would take about 8 hours with wired network. With WiFi both read speeds and access times are much worse.