Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot write with EAC with external devices. (Read 1422 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot write with EAC with external devices.

Hi. I have a Samsung SE-208DB MF00 external device and I can’t write with EAC.

When trying to write without CDRDAO, EAC does not, and shows the window of the screenshot “eac writing problems_2” attached image file.
When trying to write with CDRDAO, EAC does not, and shows the window of the screenshot “eac writing problems_1” attached image file.

I search in internet for solutions, finded three similar cases.
I copied the cdrdao.exe and Cygwin.dll from CDRDAO folder to Eac’s folder and wn32.dll to CDRDAO folder.
I tested changing and adding values to Cygwin’s key in Registry
By the way, I downloaded Cygwin enviroment cause I’m trying to compile CDRDAO and GCDMaster, but unfortunately I have few clues to do it actually.
Every test was done one  by each time and later, keeping changed things in they original status.

Nothing I mentioned above solve the problem; same happens with a Liteon Ps3 Wii external device have.
Everything works fine with Nero.

I’d be thankful for any clue, idea…

Thanks in advance.
ampyx

Re: Cannot write with EAC with external devices.

Reply #1
Everything works fine with Nero.
OK, why not Nero or any other burning application?  

...I've only used EAC for ripping.   I never though about using it as a burner.