Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] millionth TOS reminder (Read 2806 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] millionth TOS reminder

Well, VBR extreme sounded brilliant since the days of Psytel

My thoughts about AAC in general are as follows: I've always liked the warm (full) sound of MP3 but to me it has always lacked detail. I then tried OGG, and while it sounded more detailed than MP3, it lacked warmth and sounded brittle in comparison. AAC (to my ears) combines the best of both worlds in terms of warmth and detail. This makes AAC my favourite lossy format.

Just my 2 cents.

Reply #1
Well, VBR extreme sounded brilliant since the days of Psytel

My thoughts about AAC in general are as follows: I've always liked the warm (full) sound of MP3 but to me it has always lacked detail. I then tried OGG, and while it sounded more detailed than MP3, it lacked warmth and sounded brittle in comparison. AAC (to my ears) combines the best of both worlds in terms of warmth and detail. This makes AAC my favourite lossy format.

Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to Hydrogenaudio.org 32bitwonder.
Sorry to offend you, but your 2cents are worth nothing here.
As you might have noticed before HA.org has a very strict policy regarding quality related statements about audio signals and you have to provide at least ABX results when claiming one format's superiority over another.

Please familiarize yourself with TOS#8 before making another quality related statement.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #2
As you might have noticed before HA.org has a very strict policy regarding quality related statements about audio signals and you have to provide at least ABX results when claiming one format's superiority over another.

You're quite right. My apologies.