Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUEtools on linux? (Read 5377 times) previous topic - next topic

CUEtools on linux?

I know it is a long shot, and as I am not a programmer, I shouldn't complain for someone else not programmin'... but:
I am really interested in having tool like CUEtools in Linux. I don't really need GUI or ripper, just command line tool for checking files against AR and CTDB, correcting offset and errors if there is possibility, and converting into other formats.
I am not that new to Linux, am using it for years, just not as my primary OS; as I am getting older and not playing games so much anymore, I am thinking to migrate to Linux, but there are some tools that I will miss there.
SOMEONE: 'You can install wine and run them from there...'
Yeah, also, I can keep Windows, then. Also, I really dislike 'snap' software distributions, these are just signs of laziness, to make proper compiles, especially when these can and are usually automated.
So... old man ranting aside, are there already some tools that utilize CTDB and at least some of CUEtools possibilities? Or any plans to make linux versions of CUEtools, no GUI needed...?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Re: CUEtools on linux?

Reply #1
They do work just fine under Wine and Wine is very good for running other software, so maybe you could give it a try.

Reply #2
have you checked for alternatives? not sure, if these match with your criteria though ;)

Reply #3
have you checked for alternatives? not sure, if these match with your criteria though ;)
I am more than happy to use more than one tool for the job, as long as I can acomplish what I want. I don't need KISS approach :) will try Flacon, it looks promising.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #4
sure, you are welcome. here is a few more to test for you ;)

gCue2Tracks

split2flac

https://github.com/svend/cuetools

would be interresting to hear, how these work out for you.