Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: One-time contributions? (Read 3356 times) previous topic - next topic

One-time contributions?

Is there any way to make one-time or sporadic contributions to HA?  I was going to drop a few bucks in, but then found that it was a monthly subscription (I hate this kind of thing, and having to cancel later, etc). 

Any chance of setting up a "one-time donation" option, for altruistic types who don't really care about ad removal or the "contributing member" thing?  Just wanted to give a little back, but don't want to hassle with subscriptions.

One-time contributions?

Reply #1
Seconded.  I think the reason why Frank Klemm got such an almighty beast of a machine was because they were "one-off" donations... Monthly subscriptions dont gel too well with me either (Fewtch summed it up)

One-time contributions?

Reply #2
Ditto
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

One-time contributions?

Reply #3
Maybe they don't want our money just once?  Maybe they want to bleed it out of us.  Like girlfriends (and wives). 
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.  - Dennis Miller

One-time contributions?

Reply #4
Like girlfriends (and wives).  

Girlfriends and wives?! Brother, if that's the case, no wonder you feel bled dry. 

I too would appreciate the option for one-time (which could easily be used more than once!) donations. If the option already exists, I failed to locate it.

- M.

One-time contributions?

Reply #5
The big plus of the Frank Klemm donation imo was that I could do it via bank transfer.
I refuse to use PayPal.

When the subscription model was introduced, there was talk about offering alternatives to PayPal. Is this still planned?

I understand that international bank transfer isn't a good idea for small sums.

Maybe it would be possible to have trustworthy members in key countries who have access to PayPal who could transfer money received via bank transfer using PayPal. This probably isn't doable due to lack of trust. Maybe someone else has a clever idea?

One-time contributions?

Reply #6
I would also be interested in this. I love HA and would like to support it, but I don't have enough money over at the end of each month to be happy to make a monthly donation. A once-off every so often when I have some spare case would be much better.

One-time contributions?

Reply #7
It's not too hard to do a one-time donation. Start a subscription in Paypal, then as soon as the transaction is done, cancel the subscription. That's what I did, and it didn't terminate my HA membership, nor did it undo the payment I had just made. It may be more of a hassle for the HA admins, though, so I'd like to hear what they think about people using the subscription model for one-off's.

I'd rather have to donate every month than find out in the year 2040 that I've unknowingly funneled $25,000 to Dibrom's retirement fund!