Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chaintech AV-710 Line-In (Read 3510 times) previous topic - next topic

Chaintech AV-710 Line-In

I've been trying to get my xbox360 hooked up with my monitor, with the sound going in through the computer (AV-710 card) out to my speakers. I noticed that plugging in the sound into the Line-In plug, with my speakers hooked up to the ALT Out (Audio Deck driver set to Hi Sample Rate 2 - 96KHz) didn't work. Routing the setup through my onboard soundcard (some Karajan deal), with the 360 into the Line-In and the speakers into the Line-Out however worked. Then I remembered reading somewhere that with the Hi Sample Rate 2 setup on the AV-710 disabled the mic and line-in.

So here's my question - Is this really the case? Is there any way I can get my 360 going through the AV-710 with high sample rate, or do I have to switch over to normal 2 Channel with Line-In and Line-Out for this to work? I really don't want to climb to the back of my computer and switch everything to my onboard soundcard every time I want to play my 360.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chaintech AV-710 Line-In

Reply #1
Yes it really is disabled and the reason for that is the VIA's AC97 codec's inability to work at 96000Hz (max 48000Hz).

You can just use the card in normal 2 channel mode while using the Wolfson output (black port) at least with some drivers. Switch to two channel mode, samplerate mode to 'auto' and set option to 'PCM only' (can be found somewhere on the card's control panel).

Chaintech AV-710 Line-In

Reply #2
Yes it really is disabled and the reason for that is the VIA's AC97 codec's inability to work at 96000Hz (max 48000Hz).

You can just use the card in normal 2 channel mode while using the Wolfson output (black port) at least with some drivers. Switch to two channel mode, samplerate mode to 'auto' and set option to 'PCM only' (can be found somewhere on the card's control panel).

Do you know which drivers specifically would let me do that? I remember there being practically dozens and dozens of different drivers, and I really don't want to try each one.

Chaintech AV-710 Line-In

Reply #4
v. 4.73b works fine for me on XP SP2 with the setup breez mentions.

http://www.viaarena.com/
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/Envy24_Fami...oller_v473b.zip

I had issues with 5.00b, and went back to 4.73b.

Do I need to have S/PDIF Out Enable checked on along with PCM Only with this driver? I only get sound with S/PDIF Out Enabled out of the black port (ALT Out), but I don't get anything out of Line-In, either. Am I missing something here?

Edit: OK, I'm apparently getting sound input, since the Volume Bar for the Line-In in the Recording panel fluctuates whenever there's (supposed to be) sound, so theoretically the thing's receiving fine. Still, I'm not getting any sound out from the ALT Out, other than sounds generated by my computer. Everything is unmuted, so I'm not sure what's going on here...

Edit2: Got it. Had to switch it from PCM Only to Loop Back Recording In to SPDIF Out (duh) and it works. No sound from computer tho - I guess I'll just have to switch from PCM Only to Loop Back each time, but that's not that big of a deal. Thanks guys.